AIR Straightener quick question....

ms6DiGi

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed6
I just got an air straightener for my MSCAI today so I took everything apart and ran into a problem... The piece fits very loosely inside the CAI tubing. On the AEM instructions it shows a rubber looking liner that the straightener fits flush into, but my MSCAI doesn't have this. Its just metal. Should I just grab a sheet of thin rubber at home depot and cut it to fit or am I missing something?

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

here is AEM picture from instructions (look at bottom right picture):
Screenshot2011-07-22at53150PM.png

Thanks

EDIT: would the size be different because the website I ordered from labeled it the MS3 air straightener? I believe there is only one straightener for both. Also it looks in the AEM instructions that the straightener is just going into the rubber coupler, which has an even larger diameter than the piping, which would make even less sense...

Last edited:
If there is suppose to be a liner then yea there will be an issue since it was designed to be used with it. I would just call aem and order that one part..

The 2007 cars and up the computers are not as forgiving from my understanding and this piece helps with that.

It was made for the MS3 intake, not the MS6. The MS3 intake had more bends in it, causing more turbulence, and disrupting the airflow. I'd say you won't see any benefit from it.

gotcha, I swore I saw people using it in an MS6 thread. thank you though. Good thing it was only $5...

Back