Advice or suggestion on good Service Dealer in South Florida for my CX9?

jbedoya

I got my new CX9 2011 few months ago from Lou Bachrodt Mazda @ Pompano Beach (Atlantic Blvd Zip 33069). As I do with my other vehicles, I prefer to do maintenance on the same dealer where I purchase the car, with hopes they will serve better my vehicle.

On the first Scheduled maintenance I - of course - went to Lou Bachrodt Mazda @ Pompano Beach; Before dropping my car, I marked the tires and record the specific position (LF, RF, LR, RR) for each of them. When I pick my car, I check the tires position and notice no change; they DID NOT rotate them, although the service report showed they DID performed the rotation.

Tire rotation is listed on the manufacturer/owner manual as required for the 5k miles check, so it was very disappointing that Lou Bachrodt Mazda @ Pompano claim to perform the procedure, but really did nothing. That make me suspicious about which other recommended maintenance process they did not performed. Of course I send them communications with my concern to both, Mazda and the dealer, but Mazda washed their hands saying that dealers are independent and the dealer did not even acknowledge my communications.

Since I definitively do not trust that specific service location anymore, I would appreciate any suggestion for other dealers in the Fort Lauderdale/Boca Raton area for which members of this forum are having better experience in terms of Service.

Thanks.

@jbedoya...we are reading from the same playbook. I had a very similar experience at my dealer (won't say which because they have been generally good to me) but the service tech checked all the boxes on the "work completed" order but had definitely not done one thing...TWICE!. The way I handled it was, I brought it to the attention of the service writer and he went back and got the service performed. I told him to tell the tech that I let the first two occurences go without complaining but that if it happened a third time, I would escalate to the service manager. No problems since, but I verify all work before I leave the drive.

@jbedoya...If you have absolutely lost confidence in Bachrodt try one of the following:

Delray Mazda---Delray Bch
Eddie Accardi---Pompano Bch
Gunther---------Fort Lauderdale
Lehman---------Miami

Hope you get better results with one of these.

Last edited:
We had signed the papers with Bachrodt last Saturday night after going back and forth between Gunther. Woke up Sunday morning and my wife just did not like the people or the dealership at Bachrodt so we cancelled the deal and went with Gunther. Much nicer dealership and everyone there is top notch. She went in on Tues to have the roof rack installed and was very impressed with the service department.

I am familiar with the personnel at both dealerships and am not surprised that you selected the latter. Let's hope the loss of the sale at Bachrodt would prompt them to review their sales/service policies. Best wishes with the new "9" and your relationship with Gunther!

I bought my RX8 at Lou Bachrodt a few years ago and got a great deal. Soon after I had to deal with the service department for some minor issues and they were really bad. Thankfully the sales team intervened on my behalf and took care of things. I decided then that I'd avoid getting services done there and switched to Gunther based on loads of positive feedback in some RX8 forums. I haven't been disappointed and have had every service done at Gunther despite it being a bit of a drive. They are always friendly, helpful and had pretty good facilities so I could take my laptop and work there while the car was repaired.

I had a chat with one of their sales guys while looking for an SUV for my wife, we ended up buying a Santa Fe but I liked the sales department. I'm now considering a CX9 and they will be the first dealer I visit.

I got my new CX9 2011 few months ago from Lou Bachrodt Mazda @ Pompano Beach (Atlantic Blvd Zip 33069). As I do with my other vehicles, I prefer to do maintenance on the same dealer where I purchase the car, with hopes they will serve better my vehicle.

... Since I definitively do not trust that specific service location anymore, I would appreciate any suggestion for other dealers in the Fort Lauderdale/Boca Raton area for which members of this forum are having better experience in terms of Service.

Thanks.

I changed to Gunter, is a bit far for me, but so far, so good. I have serviced the car with them for 2 cycles and derfinitively is better Service. It actually may be related to the owner and the objectives of the company (Gunter) as I have been servicing my Tiguan in a VW Gunter dealer (different location than Mazda) and experience is very consistent and same quality on both Gunters (Mazda and VW)

Back