A study of 2010 MazdaSpeed3 interior noise

At highway speeds I don't feel like it drones (and I know all about droning, when I was 18 I had a Talon ESi with a giant GReddy coffee can)

On the highway there is a lot of road/wind noise to me, but that is coming out of cars like Maximas and Genesis sedans which are super quiet.

I think compared to most other cars it's pleasant on the highway.

Any input I have on road noise will be useless, LOL. I'm coming from a '91 Miata, so the MS3 is a ridiculous improvement. I remember when I bought a hardtop and put in on the MX5, I was so happy with how quiet it was, even though I still had to jack the stereo up at speed.

The small amount of outside noise I hear in the MS3 (during the rare occasions that the radio isn't on) doesn't bother me at all. In fact I love the way the engine/exhaust sounds.

for me its very confortable too yesterday went my first trip with the speed to the beach with my wife and baby girl and it was very smooth and quiet just love it!!and listening to the siruis xm iam using my free 6 months very nice too.

only noise complaint i have after 1500 miles is tire noise on concrete highways. that makes an annoying hum.
wind noise is not too bad, and exhaust drone is minimal, (although i'm comparing to a 2005 tacoma 4.0l 6 that ran thru a complete mangnaflow exhaust system high flow cats and pre cats)

This car emits hardly any noise at highway speeds. Sometimes, you'll catch tire noise but that's it. And that's because of the low-pros, that has nothing to do with the actual car.

quietest, most refined car I've ever owned. The exhaust makes a slight growl when you want it to...I'd rather it be louder.

This car emits hardly any noise at highway speeds. Sometimes, you'll catch tire noise but that's it. And that's because of the low-pros, that has nothing to do with the actual car.

I just took a trip from Raleigh NC to Orlando FL (and back again) for a weeks worth of Disney World. The only mentionable road noise comes from the tires themselves. It's a pretty darned quiet car, considering it isn't a luxury sedan.

Back