A question about the GFX package

I wanted someone to confirm, all GT models of the mazda 3 have the GFX package correct? as from what I understood its just the side molding and a little different front/rear bumper correct? Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the GFX package. Hopefully someone with an M3 GT will speak up.

I am not a Mazda expert, but based upon my research the GFX is an optional package that does come automatically with any Mazda 6 Sportwagon GT. It is not an option for any version of the 3 or the Mazdaspeed versions. Further, it only applies to Canadian models, not US versions. Here is what it adds to a Mazda 6 Sportwagon GS:

Body-color grille

Side skirts

Rear body-color spoiler

Analog instrumentation with Optitron

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Oh it maybe just a canadian option. From what I found it add's side skirts, 17 inch rims (upgraded from the 16 inch), sporty fog lights and a different bumper. Let me know if I am wrong.

Applies to canadians only.
That is for 06 and lower sedans. The 06 hatchback GT already has all the GFX options.
In 07, this GFX option is eliminated and GT will just give you all those options.

You pretty much covered all the GFX options above (I don't remember them exactly, but sounds close to what I found when I was making my purchase)

I took my information from the Canadian Mazda site, so I am pretty sure it is accurate.

Glad I could help!

For the 2006 model, the GFX package is a $1200 option if you want the power moonroof, 17's, bumper, side sill, grille and fog lights. I don't know about it being an option or not for the 2007 (I went to mazda.ca and seems that the only similar option is the power moonroof)

camrycev6 said:
I am not a Mazda expert, but based upon my research the GFX is an optional package that does come automatically with any Mazda 6 Sportwagon GT. It is not an option for any version of the 3 or the Mazdaspeed versions. Further, it only applies to Canadian models, not US versions. Here is what it adds to a Mazda 6 Sportwagon GS:

Body-color grille

Side skirts

Rear body-color spoiler

Analog instrumentation with Optitron

Hope this helps.

Yes, the M3 GT includes all the options you can get for any other models (GS,GX) However, the rear spoiler is still an additional option, even on the GT. And ONLY in the GT version do you get rid of that ugly beige/cream interior colour.

Last edited:
as for trims you can choose from, you only get GS, GX, GT and GT with luxury package. (These are the canadian trims on the 2007 Mazda3)

GT trim includes:
Trim Description
GS Feature Plus 2.3L engine w/ sequential valve timing
156 hp and 150 lb./ft torque 17" alloy wheels
205/50R17 tires 6 Speakers vs 4 speakers
Carbon fibre appearance panel trim Anti-theft system
Sporty cloth seats Front heated seats
Leather wrapped steering wheel Leather wrapped shift knob
LED Hannabi taillights Sporty bumpers
Side sill extensions Body coloured grille
Sporty fog lights Tri-mode electrominescent gauges

NO UGLY CREAM INTERIOR COLOUR

Last edited:
When you bought the GT trim in Canada, there was an optional GFX package for the 2004-2006 Mazda3 sedans only. It included 17" rims, different front bumper, side skirts, rear skirts, and moonroof. This package is equivalent to the s model GT in the USA (one less then the highest trim in the USA). As well, in Canada if you wanted the leather package (leather and 6CD) you needed the GFX package first.

If you didn't opt for the GFX package for the GT trim, your car would look like the regular GS trim (i model) except it came with the 2.3L engine.

The 2007's eliminated the GFX and made it a standard option when you bought the GT trim (I guess to eliminate any confusion).

2ruSpeed said:
When you bought the GT trim in Canada, there was an optional GFX package for the 2004-2006 Mazda3 sedans only. It included 17" rims, different front bumper, side skirts, rear skirts, and moonroof. This package is equivalent to the s model GT in the USA (one less then the highest trim in the USA). As well, in Canada if you wanted the leather package (leather and 6CD) you needed the GFX package first.

If you didn't opt for the GFX package for the GT trim, your car would look like the regular GS trim (i model) except it came with the 2.3L engine.

The 2007's eliminated the GFX and made it a standard option when you bought the GT trim (I guess to eliminate any confusion).

I agree...

I know I saw a 2007 MS3 on the lot at John Finger Mazda in Greenville, SC that had some sort of graphics package. I think there was a white stripe down the middle of the hood that ran over the top of the roof and some other graphics on the door panels and the front fender. I'll be headed up there tonight and I'll swing by the lot to see if its still there and hopefully get some pictures. It looked HOT!

It came with decals/graphics already? Either someone ordered it like that - which I don't think you can, or it belongs to someone already. That or someone took a can of spray paint to it. (j/king) =)

It had a sticker on it and was selling new and it looked like the graphics were vinyl. I saw it on Sunday so no one was there to answer any questions. That was like 4 weeks ago so doubt its still there.

Back