A New "Wax" product from Mequiars

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
So I read this review and thought heck, I'm the lazier type of wash/wax guy so I might as well give it a try. Didn't find it at my local Walmart so I looked online. It was around $25 most places, but Advance Auto had it for $12.74 (same size - 26 oz - as everyone else) plus free shipping if the order is over $25 (which it was with tax). I'll let you know how it goes whenever I get a chance to test it out!

https://drivedetailed.com/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax-review/

It gets really good reviews on YouTube as well. I went with TurtleWax Ice seal n shine for cost, but the hybrid ceramic wax is a fine product.

I used this Hybrid Ceramic Wax and the results are as the review mentioned, i.e. the paint surface on the car seems smoother and in the rain, i believe the surface repels the water better so the car doesn't look as dirty. I don't believe it gives a better shine to the paint surface though. My paint has the same shine to what it had before the application.

I've done 2 coats on my sedan and 1 on the CX-5. I may just have barely enough for a 2nd coat on the CX-5 now. All in all, the bottle will give you 3-4 coats of a standard size vehicle. It's a decent product for the price. You won't get waxy streaks on non-painted surfaces either.

I used this Hybrid Ceramic Wax and the results are as the review mentioned, i.e. the paint surface on the car seems smoother and in the rain, i believe the surface repels the water better so the car doesn't look as dirty. I don't believe it gives a better shine to the paint surface though. My paint has the same shine to what it had before the application.

I've done 2 coats on my sedan and 1 on the CX-5. I may just have barely enough for a 2nd coat on the CX-5 now. All in all, the bottle will give you 3-4 coats of a standard size vehicle. It's a decent product for the price. You won't get waxy streaks on non-painted surfaces either.

Did you coat the windows too? Any issues with that?

It's a good product, but Turtle Wax Ice Seal n' Shine will outperform it, at least in durability. It's also cheaper and provides the same amount of gloss.

Let us know how it works out.

I am happy with the results. Nice and shiny and smooth feeling. It may not last as long or be as durable as the Ice Seal & Shine (see the comparison video above), but I think that the application is far easier in my book. After you wash the vehicle and rinse off any soap, then while it's still wet you spray the whole vehicle with the product. Then you just rinse with a high pressure water stream (garden hose sprayer is just fine) starting at the roof and working your way down. Then you just dry it like normal. No streaks or residue. The toughest part was squeezing the spray trigger so many times in a row to cover the whole vehicle! (shrug) I would not use this in place of a regular wax job, but it will certainly extend the period of time between wax jobs.

Back