6.5 Speakers in a 2002 protege

I read the FAQs at the top of the Forum so I do know that my car has 6x8 in the front doors and 6x9 in the rear deck.

Now I have 4 Alpine Type S 6.5" speakers that each have a 4 year warranty from best buy if they ever blow out. these are rated at 80watts RMS. Now I also have a Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel Amp(76 watt x 4 RMS) that I want to install along with the Rockford Fosgate Wire Kit. The original plan was to install all of this in my integra and it would be quick and easy because everything fits.

But change of plans and I want to install the AMP and IF POSSIBLE all 4 of my Alpine Type S 6.5" speakers in the protege. Now I havent looked to see if they would fit as is and would like to know before hand also. I don't have wood working tools so I can't really make my own adapters, BUT I have seen that some places sell 6x9 to 6.5" adapters and also 6x8 to 6.5" adapters. Now if this is all I need than that would be wonderful, if there is more I should know please help me out!

I would rather spend 20-40 for adapters rather than buying a new set of speakers for over $100 just for a pair. Also remember I have a warranty on all of my current speakers so I can blow them time and time again!

Yeah I have seen them all over the web, but what I am asking is will this solve my problem ? If I get the adapters will I be able to run the 6.5" speakers front and rear deck no problem?

Wow, thanks alot! I think I will buy the scosche 6x8 -6.5 and 6x9- 6.5 from amazon. Thanks i'll post pictures when i'm done so others wont have to wonder.

Try seeing if the speakers fit before you go and buy the adapters. I'm pretty sure 6.5's fit in the front doors.

Back