2024 Q2 23Q4 (June 2024) latest gen Mazda Connect navi map update

I just noticed the label on the SDcard from a 2024 CX-5 Signature still says "Maps by HERE". It's definitely Telenav, they forgot to update the sticker 😂

If you search the contents of the Telenav SD card you will find files with references to Here.

For example, the file baseversion.properties in the directory MAP with the following content:
region=EU
vendor=HERE
majorVersion=21Q1
minorVersion=20210820031522

I assume that Telenav uses the maps from Here and therefore the text on the SD-card is correct.
I can't imagine Mazda shipping thousands of SD-cards with a wrong brand name on them.

Last edited:
Interesting. Coming from a 2021 CX-5, I first tried the Update Toolbox app I already had and used on the 2021 and it did not work. Puzzled, I emailed Naviextra, they asked me for a listing from the SDcard and pointed me to Telenav instead. I thought Naviextras (NNG) and HERE maps were the same, but I don't think they are, I think both Naviextras and Telenav use HERE maps, so the SDCard label is correct. This stuff is very confusing!

The navigation program and map data of the old and new infotainment are different.
The source of the map data is from the same supplier.

Back