2024 Mazda CX-5 Suspension Mods/Sound Deadening

Hello Mazda friends!

I am enjoying my new CX-5 GS I got 3 weeks ago. I love the upgraded tech, fairly quiet interior and better cargo vs the Mazda3s we've owned.

Curious if anyone has run air springs/suspension or comfort shocks/struts and softer coil springs on the CX-5? I couldn't find aftermarket parts for softer suspension parts. I wanna make the car more tolerable to drive. Not quite Lexus but making it cushier over bumps. I found tire advice, but if I take it a step further, replacing suspension is key to what I want :)

I wanna know it's far reach. Also would like to know if sound deadening is a possibility?

Found this website, Maxload, and other air suspension makers - any good? I know I will be shelling out 5-10k CAD. Just wanted advice

Thanks,

Someone had good results adding this in the spare tire area: https://a.co/d/7VsskAj

And look at forums with a lot of Mazda 6 talk and YouTube as well for air suspension. I haven't seen anyone do it to a CX-5 but there are a lot of Mazda 6's with air bags.

Someone had good results adding this in the spare tire area: https://a.co/d/7VsskAj

And look at forums with a lot of Mazda 6 talk and YouTube as well for air suspension. I haven't seen anyone do it to a CX-5 but there are a lot of Mazda 6's with air bags.
Hm, 🤔 amazon basics 🙂.
Do you think Dynamat, Resonix is worth the higher cost 🫠.

So the spare tire areas has lots of noise. What about wheel wells, doors 🫥.

Darn it I wanna air ride my ride 😭 😞

Found this website, Maxload, and other air suspension makers - any good? I know I will be shelling out 5-10k CAD. Just wanted advice

I briefly considered air suspension for my CX-9 - when I was looking, there were only two companies I would have trusted with a full kit. Squeakycleanair or Ceika. I'm based in Canada too, which is why I limited myself to these two companies. The first one is Canadian owned and operated, and seems to offer excellent value for what you get. All of their in-house product is advertised to be "made in Canada". The owner is pretty active on social media as well. Ceika, I've had a lot of communication with via email. They're very responsive and the reps I spoke to didn't mind explaining things to me. Ceika also offers free worldwide shipping.

Squeakycleanair is based out of Ontario. They have air struts listed on their website for the CX-5/CX-9, priced at $2300. Keep in mind that this is for the struts only. Note that they also offer coilover to air bag conversions, where you send them your coilovers and they convert them to air struts. Price for this is $1200, and they have a list of all the coilovers they can convert. For the lines, fittings, compressor, tank, and air management, they offer their own kit, which is $2200, or you can piece together your own kit on their site (they carry compressors from Viair, tanks and air management from Airlift, and all the fittings and lines you might need). Then you'd need to find a shop to do the install, or do it yourself.

Ceika is the other option I had considered. They offer full kits for at least $5600 ($4100 USD), and again, you'd have to figure out the install on your own. At the moment they only list options for the 13-16 CX-5 on their website, but they can customize the kit for the 2nd gen CX-5s as well.

I briefly considered air suspension for my CX-9 - when I was looking, there were only two companies I would have trusted with a full kit. Squeakycleanair or Ceika.

Squeakycleanair is based out of Ontario, Canada. They have air struts listed on their website for the CX-5/CX-9, priced at $2300. Keep in mind that this is for the struts only. Note that they also offer coilover to air bag conversions, where you send them your coilovers and they convert them to air struts. Price for this is $1200, and they have a list of all the coilovers they can convert. For the lines, fittings, compressor, tank, and air management, they offer their own kit, which is $2200, or you can piece together your own kit on their site (they carry compressors from Viair, tanks and air management from Airlift, and all the fittings and lines you might need). Then you'd need to find a shop to do the install, or do it yourself.

Ceika is the other option I had considered. They offer full kits for at least $5600 ($4100 USD), and again, you'd have to figure out the install on your own. At the moment they only list options for the 13-16 CX-5 on their website, but they can customize the kit for the 2nd gen CX-5s as well.
I don't want to go cheap and Arnott is top notch but doesn't make one for Mazda 😞.

I don't know about coilovers does that lower car and ruin ride for better handling? I love to have softer springs ♨️ 🤫

Is Ceika and Squeakycleanair good quality?

Thanks 👍

I don't want to go cheap and Arnott is top notch but doesn't make one for Mazda 😞.

I don't know about coilovers does that lower car and ruin ride for better handling? I love to have softer springs ♨️ 🤫

Is Ceika and Squeakycleanair good quality?

Thanks 👍

I edited my post a bit. Before jumping into modifying your suspension, I'd suggest doing a bit more research to learn what your options are and how they will affect your car. Lots of articles and posts have been written, and there are lots of videos on YouTube explaining the different types of suspension modifications.

I don't have any first-hand experience with either of these companies, but I will note that Ceika's factory is based in Taiwan. That said, they regularly sponsor professional racecar drivers with their products. Doesn't really matter in your use case, since you're mainly looking for comfort, but it does speak to the extremes that their products may be able to handle. Both companies are very responsive to inquiries - I would reach out and see what they would suggest for you.

Another thing to consider.

I have it on the good word of two people that have installed them that these help ride quality. I plan on doing them next.

Back