2023 CX-50 Turbo Premium Mirror angle position keeps resetting?

Digbicks1234

16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-9 Touring
Hi All,

I've had the 2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium for about 2-3 weeks now and I've noticed that each time I switch off the ignition and then switch it back on, the angle of the mirrors seems to reset each time. It gets a little tedious having to press on the memory 1 position for the mirror angle to automatically adjust back into the position that it was preset to. I've went through the owners manual and there was no mention about this and it seems to only affect the mirrors and not the seats for whatever reason. Is there something that I am missing or has anyone noticed this as well?

For clarification purposes, I typically have the mirrors pointed outwards and facing away from the vehicle. However, when I switch the ignition off/turn the car back on, the mirror angle points back to the direction of the vehicle.

Note: I am not referring to the folding mirror functionality.

Issue has been resolved. It appears that there was a step in the manual that I glossed over. Here the steps that worked for me:
  1. Ensure the car is fully off.
  2. Press on the push-start button twice to place the vehicle in accessory mode. Note: You'll see your touchscreen display and everything on your dash power on.
  3. Adjust the seating position and mirror position to your liking.
  4. Hold and press on the "Set" button and wait for the chime.
  5. Hold and press on the "1" button and wait for the chime.
  6. Press the "unlock" button on your key fob and wait for the chime. Note: If you do not hear a chime after pressing on the key fob, repeat steps #3-4 and then press the unlock button on your key fob and you should hear the chime.
It may take multiple attempts to get familiar with the process.

1662484986879.png

Back