2021 CX-5 Signature rebooting itself

:
2021 Signature
Hello, I have a 2021 CX5 Signature and the entertainment system occasionally reboots itself. I will be driving, the screen will go blank, the Mazda logo will come on and then it will restart. This can happen several times in a week and then not for weeks on end. The dealer updated the software, same problem. I do have an appointment with the dealer but since it is intermittent I am concerned that they will not be able to figure this out. Anyone else with this problem? Thanks

Seems like I recall the nav data card can cause infotainment crash issues. I see it's a 2021 so likely not dirty connections. Check the connection of the nav card for any problems or try pulling out the nav card to see if problems go away.

To OP.
Could be the GPS SD card.
Your Signature definitely has it. (Do you know where it is?)
Try to unplug it, and drive for a few days.
Ask your dealers for a new one if it is the culprit.

There is a SA, regarding possible CMU hardware malfunction in the 2021 CX-5 (as well as other 2021 models), you could check your CMU serial number following the instructions, and see if it falls within the affected serial number range.

Attachments

• SA-054-21.pdf
    882.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
If only someone would address this issue.

Oh wait, someone has.

If only someone would address this issue.

Oh wait, someone has.

Do you have one of these? :)

pat-on-back.png

Thanks for the replies. Car back from dealer. They sent a "CMU data download" to Mazda to see if more serial numbers need to be included in the CMU TSB. My CMU was higher than the range in the TSB. They also asked me to remove the sd card for a month or so to help determine if is a sd card issue. Mazda will take 2-4 weeks to examine the data and get back to dealership. I'll post back when I hear more.

Just an update. Received a detailed questionnaire from Mazda about the rebooting. They wanted to know when it happened, what was connected to the system, ambient temperature, was the car in gear or park and others. Hopefully they will come to the correct remedy.

It happens on my car, too. 2020 GT here. I just let it do its thing, If I am really into something interesting on the radio/carplay then I use the F bomb and that's it. Stay calm and keep driving. I won't go to the dealer unless it becomes something more frequent. 😎

It happens on my car, too. 2020 GT here. I just let it do its thing, If I am really into something interesting on the radio/carplay then I use the F bomb and that's it. Stay calm and keep driving. I won't go to the dealer unless it becomes something more frequent. 😎
Yes, it is not frequent but I wanted to get it fixed while still under warranty.

Back