2021 CX-5 Bose Amp Wiring Diagram

I hate making a post like this because it seems like something that will garner negative attention and replies like "search the forums" and such but I have searched for hours and have not found a 2021 CX-5 Bose amp wiring diagram.

I have found multiple threads of older vehicles and even a nice diagram for those vehicles and a reply of "I doubt they changed for 2021+" but from what I can tell the wiring has changed from 2019 to 2021.

I am looking to go pre-amp wiring and hit the front speaker wires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i wish i could help with this. i have scoured this site, youtube, and searched on Google for firm information regarding audio pinouts for our model of cx-5. either behind the TAU, in the passenger kick panel, or at the bose amp. everything is either for an older model as you mentioned or is incomplete. i have seen single-post threads on here with someone asking the right questions, but no responses. i am going out on a limb here, but Mazda is unlikely to have Bose retool the Bose amp significantly to accommodate different Mazda models, trims, newer TAU's, etc. rather, i would assume Mazda could more cheaply handle that themselves by changing pinouts/harnesses pre-Bose amp. if i am right, then we could potentially use the Bose amp pinouts that i used for my '21 miata, which were supplied to me in the famous "2014-2018* Mazda 6 (and 2014-2016 Mazda 3) w/BOSE Full System Breakdown/Analysis" thread.

i am close to buying a go-between harness on AliExpress and testing it out. but i am trying to be patient and wait out the correct info.

i wish i could help with this. i have scoured this site, youtube, and searched on Google for firm information regarding audio pinouts for our model of cx-5. either behind the TAU, in the passenger kick panel, or at the bose amp. everything is either for an older model as you mentioned or is incomplete. i have seen single-post threads on here with someone asking the right questions, but no responses. i am going out on a limb here, but Mazda is unlikely to have Bose retool the Bose amp significantly to accommodate different Mazda models, trims, newer TAU's, etc. rather, i would assume Mazda could more cheaply handle that themselves by changing pinouts/harnesses pre-Bose amp. if i am right, then we could potentially use the Bose amp pinouts that i used for my '21 miata, which were supplied to me in the famous "2014-2018* Mazda 6 (and 2014-2016 Mazda 3) w/BOSE Full System Breakdown/Analysis" thread.

i am close to buying a go-between harness on AliExpress and testing it out. but i am trying to be patient and wait out the correct info.
I decided to say to heck with it and go at it on my own. It was driving my wife nuts not having her bass. I was able to identify the rear speaker wires but not the front. So, I connected to rear. The difference even doing just that is well worth it!! If anything comes of it in the future, I can easily make the modification now. From what I could tell, that thread for the Miata is not all that applicable at all to the 2021 GTR. I could definitely be wrong, but just what I thought when searching as much as I did. I was also unable to locate the acc/remote wire on the amp so I tapped a fuse for that.

But...yeah, I would have liked to have done it the "right" way but, honestly, hard to argue with the end result.

please share where/how you grabbed the audio signal.
I decided to wire to the rear because they were all I could find and, maybe, one day a wire diagram will become available and I can do it the way I wanted. But, sounds really good as is. Rear wires (I forget color....) are in the second from the left wire harness (black) on the amp. You can tell because they are all just skinny little wires that are hard to work with. All four are on the top right next to each other, so that makes it a bit easier. Could not find the acc/remote wire so tapped a fuse.

You know you can pay $30 for a 24hr subscription to the Mazda shop manual site and just download everything you can (or need) for your car and MY?

I did this for my CX-50... downloaded all the schematics and also all the interior disassembly and exterior panel stuff as well. It may take a couple of hours, but do it immediately after you pay, then check you have all you need so you can get anything that you missed or that didn't download correctly before your 24hrs expires. Note that the downloaded file names are not explanatory, so I downloaded them into different folders per section, then renamed the files to more explanatory file names afterwards. Here's an example for schematic files from my rename spreadsheet:

1687718396907.png

You know you can pay $30 for a 24hr subscription to the Mazda shop manual site and just download everything you can (or need) for your car and MY?

I did this for my CX-50... downloaded all the schematics and also all the interior disassembly and exterior panel stuff as well. It may take a couple of hours, but do it immediately after you pay, then check you have all you need so you can get anything that you missed or that didn't download correctly before your 24hrs expires. Note that the downloaded file names are not explanatory, so I downloaded them into different folders per section, then renamed the files to more explanatory file names afterwards. Here's an example for schematic files from my rename spreadsheet:

View attachment 320222
Nope...had no idea but I will do that now that I know! Thank you for the input!!

FYI there doesn't appear to be any difference in the pre-amp and post-amp signals. The HU does all the processing.
So, really, there is zero reason to try anything else as I tied to the rear speakers at the amp and that is about as good as it can get, correct?

I hate making a post like this because it seems like something that will garner negative attention and replies like "search the forums" and such but I have searched for hours and have not found a 2021 CX-5 Bose amp wiring diagram.

I have found multiple threads of older vehicles and even a nice diagram for those vehicles and a reply of "I doubt they changed for 2021+" but from what I can tell the wiring has changed from 2019 to 2021.

I am looking to go pre-amp wiring and hit the front speaker wires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hello sir, I just did a full install in my cx5 gt with bose. I can provide you with the diagram that took me ages to find as well

Attachments

• IMG_0406.png
    IMG_0406.png
    43 KB · Views: 754
So, really, there is zero reason to try anything else as I tied to the rear speakers at the amp and that is about as good as it can get, correct?
Add me. Id rather discuss here so I can talk to you at an added pace. I amped all my bose speakers with aftermarket amps. Added a dsp to tune how I want everything to sound and get more volume out of everything. I also added a sub ontop of the 5.25” stock sub. But run both of them for added bandwidth.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpeg
    IMG_0629.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 107
Back