2016 CX-5 Electrics going dead

Sometimes the electrics on my 2016.5 CX-5 die...Meaning I have to use the manual key to open the driver's door. The engine seems completely dead. But my daughter's friend told me to open the hood and touch the engine in a couple of places then try to start the engine again...It worked and didn't need a jump start. This is now happened once or twice a day. Any idea why? Btw, the battery looks like this at the moment.

Attachments

• tempImageCIuMkk.png
    tempImageCIuMkk.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 170
  • tempImageUY5lR5.png
    tempImageUY5lR5.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 177
Yeah I went through several batteries on my 94 Integra that only lasted 3 years each. Battery prices these days are ridiculous, and their life is usually atrocious.

Upvote 0
From what I'm reading here, it seems that car batteries are going down the same path as pretty much every other consumer goods: they are not as good as they used to be and fail much earlier. (Apliances are a good example). It wasn't that long ago when car batteries lasted 6-10 years, even up here in snow country. Now you folks are saying 3-4 years is the average? That's just terrible. Mine is now 3.5 years old, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I wouldn't say that in general that batteries aren't lasing as long as they used to. The two Diehards (yes, my truck has two batteries) in my diesel pickup are ten year old and they're still going strong. Both my 2016 MX and CX have the original batteries and they show no sign of age.

I'm in the habit of keeping all of my car batteries on a battery tender. I move the tender around from car to car, keeping each one on the tender for ~ a week before I move it to the next vehicle.

YMMV

Upvote 0
Back