2014 GT Bose System w/Multiple Bluetooth Devices

:
2014 Mazda6 GT
Short-time lurker, first-time poster :)

I've done some searching around and haven't seen any other folks mentioning a problem I've seen with my month-old 2014 M6.

I have a 3rd Generation iPod Touch paired via Bluetooth, as well as an iPhone 5 paired via Bluetooth.

I want the iPod to be the Bluetooth music player and the iPhone to be, well, the Bluetooth phone. If I go into the Bluetooth settings on the car, I can define those options and they work as expected. Music plays from the iPod and phone functions happen with the iPhone.

When I shut off the car, it loses those settings, and the car re-pairs with only the iPhone as both the music player and the phone.

What's really odd is if I go back into the Bluetooth settings on the car and select the iPod, the "Music Player" button is highlighted (as if chosen), but the text on the screen clearly shows that the iPhone is set to be both the music player and the phone.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it just another bug in Mazda's implementation of their audio/nav system?

Input greatly appreciated....
Brad

It's buggy man. I had to leave my new 6GT with the dealer and they loaned me a 2013 CX-5. The nav system looked exactly the same as mine but had an older or slightly different version of the OS, and I had none of the problems I have with my new 6GT as far as bluetooth and the USB drive goes. I figured all they would have to do is update the software on mine but they said it could not be done.

I dont believe that for one minute but I dont know where to start looking and dont have much time so I'm counting on someone on this forum to figure it out and share once the process is bulletproof.

Aaargh... these are the challenges of buying the first year model of any car. To be fair, it's worth it since I absolutely love driving my 6.

Short-time lurker, first-time poster :)

I've done some searching around and haven't seen any other folks mentioning a problem I've seen with my month-old 2014 M6.

I have a 3rd Generation iPod Touch paired via Bluetooth, as well as an iPhone 5 paired via Bluetooth.

I want the iPod to be the Bluetooth music player and the iPhone to be, well, the Bluetooth phone. If I go into the Bluetooth settings on the car, I can define those options and they work as expected. Music plays from the iPod and phone functions happen with the iPhone.

When I shut off the car, it loses those settings, and the car re-pairs with only the iPhone as both the music player and the phone.

What's really odd is if I go back into the Bluetooth settings on the car and select the iPod, the "Music Player" button is highlighted (as if chosen), but the text on the screen clearly shows that the iPhone is set to be both the music player and the phone.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it just another bug in Mazda's implementation of their audio/nav system?

Input greatly appreciated....
Brad

My salesman explained to me when i bought the car, that the radio can have multiple Bluetooth devices hooked up to it. But one with be the PRIMARY device. When it is connected the radio automatically makes it the phone and multimedia device. So when you turn on the car it detects the primary device and makes it default for audio over your Ipod.

Back