2014 CX-5 Grand Touring - Driver Door Lock not working with manual key

Hello,

Newbie here looking for help:
Recently got used 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring and found below issue:

Can't lock or unlock the door when using manual KEY (emergency/auxiliary key that's taken out of remote) and inserting into driver side door.
The key seems to turn about 45 degree to right (unlock position) but door does not get locked.
And if I force it little bit, key stays stuck in 45 degree position, instead of returning to vertical/originally inserted position.

Opened the door using remote, re-insert the manual Key and peaked through the side hole of the door and I can see things are turning inside when I turn the manual key.

Please let me know if anyone has any recommendation for troubleshooting or guides/manuals.

Thank you!

The lock is probably just stuck from always being actuated electrically and not manually. Happened to me with a trunk lock. Just get some WD-40 and insert the straw into the key hole and give it a good spray and work the key back and forth. May have to do it more than once.

The lock is probably just stuck from always being actuated electrically and not manually. Happened to me with a trunk lock. Just get some WD-40 and insert the straw into the key hole and give it a good spray and work the key back and forth. May have to do it more than once.
Thank you for the response.

I tried doing that today and think I found the real issue; - where the lock cylinder module is bent and also not connected to actuator.

Let me know if you have thoughts on fixing it.

Thanks

Back