2013 Mazda CX5 Manual thread spec?

blkicy

:
Mazda CX5
Hey guys, this is my first post!

I am from New Zealand and have recently purchased a Australian import of Mazda CX5 "Maxx", 2013 with 6 speed manual transmission. Its the only model Mazda offers in manual and is really basic with no tech package, no leather chair/GPS, plastic steering wheel/shift knob etc. but I loved the car, I have been wanting to upgrade the shift knob because I didn't like the plastic feel in the hand so I've been looking around online since this will be my first aftermarket shift knob purchase, I have come across the stainless steel knobs that are heavy weighted and apparently makes the shifting experience a joy.

So my questions is, what's the thread spec on my car? is it M10x1.25 or M8x1.25? This thread says M8x1.25 but I am not sure if he's talking about the manual or auto thread spec..

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome, I am in the middle of converting my trunk space to fit my 2x Border Collies with DIY materials, might make a thread later to show the process if anyone's interested

I don't know (I have an auto) but you could unscrew it and see what size bolt fits.

That's a good idea, will try that when I get a change, thanks for the tip :)

There seem to be quite a few people here with manual CX5, someone got to know the answer for sure?

Latest posts

Back