2009 Mazda 3 Spy Pics

utopia

:
Mazda3
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=122903#6

"Like the 2009 Mazda 6, the new Mazda 3 gets a much more aggressive design. Riding on the next-generation global Ford Focus C1 platform, the Mazda 3 will be slightly wider and longer than the current model.

The current 148-horsepower 2.0-liter motor will get a modest power increase, and the optional 2.3-liter inline four-cylinder will be upgraded to 2.5 liters. The increased displacement should provide a 20-30-hp boost.

The spy shots also reveal a new exhaust setup at the Mazda 3's rear.

What this means to you: Mazda's 3 is getting bigger and brawnier, with more power."

!!! (drive2) i honestly wish they had this when i bought mine!

Key question is: Will wider and longer = heavier...really see no need for this car to be wider OR longer... then again the way these mags go a .10 inch increase is WIDER

Like the 2nd-gen Mazda2 and Mazda6, weight reduction will be a focus for the 2nd-gen Mazda3. The Mazda3 weight reduction program will be more similar to the Mazda6 one than the Mazda2 one (too long to go into detail), and so weight reduction will mainly consist of lots of use of high-tensile steel (plus many other things too, every part is examined for weight reduction if possible). And yes, the Mazda3 will be getting bigger.

The biggest thing about the 2nd-gen Mazda3 will be its appearance. The 2nd-gen Mazda3 will be the first fully designed under Mazda's new design director, Laurens van den Acker. The 2nd-gen Mazda2 and Mazda6 designs were already locked when van den Acker took over the reigns from Moray Callum (who was in charge of the 1st-gen of all the new Mazda's).

There will be even more design themes from concept cars Nagare, Ryuga, etc... to be on the 2nd-gen mazda3 (can't go into more than that though).

i heard that it might be a speed3, but i doubt it. mazdaspeed vehicles arent suppose to be in production for more than 2 years right? i think they should be 2.4 liters instead of 2.5. at least then they can still achieve more power, while not sacrificing so much gas mileage, which is a must for the US's demographic since japans N/A cars dont have the stock power domestics make(v6's)

Back