1994 Mazda MX-6 with 4 cylinder

Flying Scot

:
Not a Mazda yet
Hello. Looking for some info on a '94 MX-6 possible trouble areas.

Possible picking one up but the mileage and price are high but there has been work done to the interior and exterior although I doubt the engine has been touched.

Before I drive to see it I would like some help creating a check list of things to check.

Details of the car are its a Mazda MX-6 4 cyl, automatic, 200k miles, rebuilt transmission 1 year ago, new water pump. Head light, tail light upgrades, head unit so the wiring has been touched by someone. The guy says it has no problems except for a chip and a crack in the front aero.
It has a full body kit. no sunroof, interior swapped out, racing seats and a 4 point harness driver and passenger.

Don't think it was raced just a daily driver/show car at some point in its history. Looks good in the pictures and fun for my son and myself (when I can).
To me the 4 cylinder is under powered for the cars looks.

Okay so questions -

Rust ? seriously concerned on a 20 year old car that has a full body kit that I wouldn't be able to check out important areas and what areas should be checked.
Engine ? 4 cyl really 118 hp is it really good as an engine or is the 6 cyl an easy swap ?
Engine mounts ? Due for a swap ?
Suspension springs and shocks ? Expect they are worn.
Gas tank and fuel pump is it in the gas tank ?

Basically are there any electrical gremlins, mechanical issues or chassis and body work issues I should look for ?

Thanks for your time.

F.S.

Oh and Chief you can chime in any time, you live less than 30 miles from me.

Last edited:
Back