13 cx5 2.0l auto, vibrating at highways speeds 110-140km/hr rotors possibly warped?

gregbayato89

:
2013 cx-5 GS FWD
hello, I have a 13 cx-5 2.0at and my rotors were machined 2x by mazda, from 05/13 and 07/13, due to my car was vibrating at highway speeds, while running and braking, it was gone for a while after the 2nd time it was machined, but as of 11/14 it started again, could this be the rotors again? cause I had my car balanced 3x already 2 local balancing 1 roadforce at mazda itself,

so my question is would mazda be willing to give me a new rotor? (42000km, 2 year old vehicle), or are they just gonna send me away and say I need to buy a new set of rotors?

hello, I have a 13 cx-5 2.0at and my rotors were machined 2x by mazda, from 05/13 and 07/13, due to my car was vibrating at highway speeds, while running and braking, it was gone for a while after the 2nd time it was machined, but as of 11/14 it started again, could this be the rotors again? cause I had my car balanced 3x already 2 local balancing 1 roadforce at mazda itself,

so my question is would mazda be willing to give me a new rotor? (42000km, 2 year old vehicle), or are they just gonna send me away and say I need to buy a new set of rotors?

If the car is vibrating at running speed, without using the brakes, then problem should not be the rotors... Unless the hub that the back of the rotor mounts to is not clean/flat.

If the current rotors have already been machined once before delivery, and twice afterwards, there is likely little chance that they have enough thickness to be machined a 4th time.

If this were my car, I would swap out wheels and tires with another car and see if the problem persists... If so, then I would be inspecting the motor mounts, as there was a MAZDA TSB for vibration at highway speeds that referenced the motor mounts.

Last edited:
Mazda will not likely give you new rotors as you're beyond the 12 month/20,000km "service adjustments" warranty where rotors are covered.

If the car is vibrating at running speed, without using the brakes, then problem should not be the rotors... Unless the hub that the back of the rotor mounts to is not clean/flat.

If the current rotors have already been machined once before delivery, and twice afterwards, there is likely little chance that they have enough thickness to be machined a 4th time.

If this were my car, I would swap out wheels and tires with another car and see if the problem persists... If so, then I would be inspecting the motor mounts, as there was a MAZDA TSB for vibration at highway speeds that referenced the motor mounts.

quick question, do you think, 2012 crv alloys would fit on it? never tried it yet, due to it is very cold out here in toronto, cant even clean my car for 2 mos now =(

Mazda will not likely give you new rotors as you're beyond the 12 month/20,000km "service adjustments" warranty where rotors are covered.

that I would not want to here =(,, I also remembered, it happened this to our crv 2012, it was warped around 30k/km and it was already 2 years old in our care when I took it back at the dealer, a tech test drove and confirmed the complaint, and they just replaced it, no questions asked.

It does sound like warped rotors. IMO: Turning just makes them warp quicker. On another car the only thing I found that exhibited warp like symptoms was a lack of grease on the caliper slide pins.

Back