100K MP5 Club

I passed 200,000 miles recently in my yellow P5! It is a great car. I had to do a tune up soon after it crossed over the mark. I guess I will do the timing belt just for security.

Is that the original timing belt? If so it's cool that you got 200,000 miles out of it but I'd be changing it soon, unless you want an excuse to swap in a KL. ;) haha

I have 124,000 on mine. The wife's had 150,000 when we sold it to someone who is still driving it, despite the fact that most of the body has returned to the earth.

LMAO, mine is just under 190,000 and slowly returning to earth itself. Was hoping it would get my daughter through college but at this point I'd be happy if it gets her through her first two years.

Just got this p5 last month and I hit 100,000 feeling excited I guess..

Congrats on both new ownership and the 100K mark! I'm in the LV also but now drive a Miata.

Mine crossed 160K miles last week and its still going but I will be getting a new car this year. This one is becoming a pile of rust. Also as you can see from my Fuelly sig I'm not getting good mileage so time to get rid of it soon.

141k on mine this week. I've had to work through quite a few problems in the past 24 months on the car and nearly sold it a few times as a result but it's finally back in good shape (save the rust) and ready to hit 200k.

At the rate I'm going it'll be another 2 yrs or so before hitting 100k. Got car new in Jan 04 and hittin about 95k on it right now. It has been assigned the fair weather hot rod garage ornament designation and gathers more dust than miles at this point in it's life. No problems, just the truck makes a much better daily driver - not ever stuck in traffic jams, no worries about road debris since it'll smash stuff or roll over it, less people wanting to play games, sits up higher for flooding, etc etc etc............but the car does get about 10 miles more per gallon and has smaller tank so when gas goes back up it'll get more play.

I bought the car two months ago with 142k on it. Now I'm smoothly rolling by 145k...It's my first car, and for about three months before, I had no car...so I'm apt to drive it a lot.

Previous owner was an imbecile though...oil leaks destroyed the engine harmonizer, (spray)painted the bumper without covering the radiator, wiring's gone to hell, destroyed the weathering on the driver door and hood, and I went a few fillups before realizing my EGR Vacuum Solenoid was destroying my fuel economy.

So much to do! I love my MP5! :D

bought mine a few weeks ago with 115k, I guess I make the club by default as I have 116k on it now. It's a fairly easy vehicle to do basic maintenance on, tackling the timing belt and motor mounts next week though so we'll see if I have the same thoughts about it after those lol. I've replaced the side view mirror and both headlight assemblies, license plate led's as well as plugs, wires, coils, air filter, fuel filter (and sock filter) so far. Sunday will be manual transmission and coolant flush.

154,000 kilometers on mine. About 80,000 miles. (2003 P5) I should be good for another 100,000 (boom08)

Just passed 200K on my 03. Still going strong. Getting 400 miles per tank, valve seals are pretty worn, and leaks a bit of oil. I expect soon, the Florida salt air will kick in the rust.

3BF8032D-3E32-425B-9609-9F4C8BF7A61E.jpg

And climbing

236,000 km (146,000 mi) on my 2002 P5. A few buzzy rattles here and there but still pretty solid given it only cost $2,500!

My old motor, 180k, turbo'd for 100k and lives on in another p5!
0e983e5eaa0d2fccfa5313bd1888ac90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181k, as far as I know everything is original. Car runs great, its my dd for a 120 mile commute round trip. Getting ready to do a timing belt and brakes all around shortly.

Latest posts

Back