1/4 mile Drag with MS3

I don't know about you guys but I drive my car harder on the streets than I do on the drag strip.. I launch like I'm taking off at a red light at the track. It's mainly just for fun, I agree.. this car isn't a drag car so just don't simply drive it like one.. Just drive it like you're driving hard on the street and no damage is done.

Then again.. maybe drive it like you're on a drag strip and don't drive it like you do on the street.. Maybe that's how I have 14 tickets in 6 years..

The world is my race track.

^

I feel the same, my launch is much better on the street than on drag. Pressure I guess? but there is no time counting you on the street, lol and I don't want to get tickets neither. Keep your stunt driving on the track!

In summer of 2007, I took my car at infeneon raceway and did 3 passes of 2x 14.0's and my fastest, a 13.98. This was with MS CAI, bushing rear mm, stock tire/stock pressiure on falken hanabi wheels (18lbs/wheel) with full interior and a helmet. I didnt have any wheel hop! Wheel hop you can control.. If my car starts to hop, I ease off the throttle and get back on it gradually. Even with that, the car did 14.0's...

I use to have a Mazda 323 BP engine and it had wheel hop on 1st and when I hit my NOS on 2nd but when I do, I just back off the throttle to eliminate damaging the car...

launching and 1/4 mile the MS3 is just ******* stupid. enjoy the high performance car but don't try to make it something that it's not. it's never gonna break 12 seconds without massive mods. IMO the MS3 is a great daily driver. Making it something that it's not will only end in pain and expensive repairs.
I have a lot of time and money in my Mazda speed 3.. two year built finally got mine to run consistent 9s but these people r most definitely right these cars r horrible for drag racing I only did it twice once on first set up then again after a lot better and bigger motor set up just to see the big dif at the track. I was lucky and didn’t brake a thing but I also didn’t hard lunch mine cuz these cars r not and weren’t ment to be drag races at all. Plus it’s not as fun as my fox body that can handle the abuse at the track. This is more my fun weekend roll racing car I will say I won’t be running mine anymore more less one and done just to see the times I’d get for one night and I was happy with it.

I have a lot of time and money in my Mazda speed 3.. two year built finally got mine to run consistent 9s but these people r most definitely right these cars r horrible for drag racing I only did it twice once on first set up then again after a lot better and bigger motor set up just to see the big dif at the track. I was lucky and didn’t brake a thing but I also didn’t hard lunch mine cuz these cars r not and weren’t ment to be drag races at all. Plus it’s not as fun as my fox body that can handle the abuse at the track. This is more my fun weekend roll racing car I will say I won’t be running mine anymore more less one and done just to see the times I’d get for one night and I was happy with it.

LOL replying a 12 years old thread.

I sold the car 6 years ago, but you brought me back memories. Your reply brought me back to this forum which I used to go daily but stopped after I sold my car.

I don't see many 1st GEN MS3 on the road anymore, I sold mine to a 19 yrs old who modded it even further, then resold it a year after. I'm sure my old car is gone to heaven by now.

The 19yrs old boy doesn't even drive stick when he bought my car and yet modded it just to impress his college friends, the car was sitting on driveway majority of the time because he cannot afford the insurance and sold the car a year after. I found out cos I ran a car fax for fun and saw the owner change and I messaged him, he said he was to save some money and buy a CLA45. LOL

:LOL:

LOL replying a 12 years old thread.

I sold the car 6 years ago, but you brought me back memories. Your reply brought me back to this forum which I used to go daily but stopped after I sold my car.

I don't see many 1st GEN MS3 on the road anymore, I sold mine to a 19 yrs old who modded it even further, then resold it a year after. I'm sure my old car is gone to heaven by now.

The 19yrs old boy doesn't even drive stick when he bought my car and yet modded it just to impress his college friends, the car was sitting on driveway majority of the time because he cannot afford the insurance and sold the car a year after. I found out cos I ran a car fax for fun and saw the owner change and I messaged him, he said he was to save some money and buy a CLA45. LOL

:LOL:
Yeah after I replied I seen the year seeing it’s been a long time from the post lol yeah I have three of them first and one’s a little rusty two of them are stupid clean my pearl white one I got with a blown motor and I redid it took me a whole two years I got her going real good now I don’t care what anybody says I love these cars because you don’t see him that much

Yeah after I replied I seen the year seeing it’s been a long time from the post lol yeah I have three of them first and one’s a little rusty two of them are stupid clean my pearl white one I got with a blown motor and I redid it took me a whole two years I got her going real good now I don’t care what anybody says I love these cars because you don’t see him that much

Enjoy your Speed3.
I drive a C43 now, but still miss my speed3, it is not the same kind of car even my current ride is more powerful and faster.

Back