Concerned Possible MSP Owner....

Hi, I'm new to the forums but have been researching the MSP for awhile. I'm only 16, (with a learners permit), but want to purchase the car now, for fear of not being able to get one in another 10 months. The only problem is my father has to test drive the car for me, and if he decides it handles "like crap" or dosen't feel "solid" he will refuse to buy it for me. This is my main concern, he currently drives a new Acura 3.2CL Type S, and I hope he approves of the handling of the MSP, because I really want it!

Can I be sure he will be impressed with the handling :confused:

PS. Dealer wants 1g deposit (refundable if we don't like the car) But all dealers in the area are only getting 2-4 so its gonna be marked up 2g's.

Hopefully mine soon...

Attachments

• mazdaspeed.jpg
    mazdaspeed.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 915
handling....not going to be a problem. His Acura, won't touch the MSP in handling. He might want to give you the Acura.

Color......hi might not like. Unless it's black.

i wish my dad bought me my car :(

dealer wants a 1k deposit but what do they REQUIRE? most places normally require 500 bucks. also, was it the salesperson that told you that they had to mark it up 2k? try asking one of the fleet managers to see if that's right or check other dealers. digi was one of the 6 ppl in B.C. that will get/got the msp and they didn't have to pay more than sticker. i dunno, i'm just wondering. you don't want to get ripped off. hope you get your car. :)

I feel like i am overposting, but they did test drive a sentra se-r with my sister, and said it was a HORRIBLE ride, is this a bad sign?

well if its to your dads liking he can get one for not a dime over MSRP if he is willing to drive a few hours. But for someone buying their kid a brand new car, a few grand probably isnt a big deal.

where in NJ u from?

Ha, funny you say that. IS Insurance : 3500 a year def NOT WORTH IT, I already tried, plus RWD is a no no for days like today in NJ

I have an MSP and have driven Acura's and honda's and I can tell you the handling on the MSP is much much better.

yeah kid....the MSP handles better than any stock front wheel drive car on the road.....nothing can touch it as far as slalom speed and lateral g's pulled in the skid pad....accept maybe a Type R

Back