"future expansions" at Protege Garage :)

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Later this week we'll be opening sections of the site specifically for 1st and 2nd gen Protege owners.

For the first gen (90-94) we will be offering drop in K&N air filters, brake pads and rotors, cam gears, clutch and flywheel, cat back exhaust, gauge pillars, lowering springs, underdrive pulleys, short shifters, struts, nology wires, sway bars front and rear and strut tower bars.

For the second gen (95-98) we will be offering drop in K&N air filters, brake pads and rotors, cam gears, clutch and flywheel, cat back exhaust, lowering springs, short shifters, nology wires and strut tower bars.

Anything beyond that anyone is looking for, please let me know!!

-Ken

Ken, what kind of mufflers are you going to sell with the cat-backs? I know that many would like a canister type with a big muffler tip, but I would rather choose an oval one with a tip thats no bigger 2.5". I used to have a canister type before on my automatic, and it was so annoyingly loud. Perhaps the oval would not resonate as much as the canisters do. Thanks.

for the first gen, the exhaust is a Pacesetter Monza cat back system like the one pictured in the attachment - 2 1/4 inch piping. Not sure if it will fit the 2nd gen as well.

for the second gen specifically, all I have been able to locate is an axle back from Toucan

clutches for the first gen will be offered from ACT, Centerforce and Unorthodox Racing in a variety of models (stage 1, 2, dual friction, etc). the second gen will have much the same options from those three companies.

as for flywheels, one for both cars will be offered from Unorthodox Racing similar to the one used on the Miata. as soon as I can get prices I will post them.

Attachments

• MONZASYS.jpg
    MONZASYS.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 173
iwokeupfrmadrea said:
the pacesetter is actually a dual outlet, has no resonator and is a piece of s*** ;)

well that truly sucks :) its the only system my distributor currently carries, but if you know of any others please let me know and i can try to get my hands on some from other distribtuion outlets.

there are no other prefabbed, other than the mazdaspeed. you could make some yourself out of stainless, and sell it for less and make a profit :) and any price estimates on act street clutch? the kit is 250 at www.optauto.com , maybe a p5.com moderator discount? :p

iwokeupfrmadrea said:
there are no other prefabbed, other than the mazdaspeed. you could make some yourself out of stainless, and sell it for less and make a profit :) and any price estimates on act street clutch? the kit is 250 at www.optauto.com , maybe a p5.com moderator discount? :p

ACT;
DOHC street clutch kit 1.8L - $310
SOHC street clutch kit 1.8L - $235

I might need an ACT MZ-020 pressure plate. We'll see how my current order pans out. (yawn)

Back