Who is getting (or planning to get) a CX-70?

Anyone who's leasing better beware of dealer calcs (especially if they've been hit by the ransomware attack). Reliance on computers haven't forced finance guys to be really good at math!

"McCallum said he has heard directly from impacted dealerships, claiming that due to the difficulty of calculating leases by hand, for example, they have halted offering them completely."

Great tip - please note our Ninja Calculator has not been affected by the CDK issues and still allows you to calculate leases for virtually all brands/models with current realtime program updates.

Additional peace of mind, a dealer can write a contract to say whatever they want - however it still needs to get funded by a bank and that requires the bank to review and approve the contract, which I've dealt with this myself during my dealership management tenure, if it isn't calculated accurately, the banks not funding it and dealer doesn't get their money. So I wouldn't be so concerned of erroneous charges or anything of the like, but you may run into having to re-sign contracts multiple times a bit of headache if the dealer is having trouble hand writing contracts that the bank will accept as accurate. Not to say a dealer can't hide money on paperwork and contracts, they do just do that whether its handwritten or printed.

We just picked ours up last week. We are still learning but are really excited about it! We moved from our 2016 CX-9 into this. We were looking CX-90 but seldom used the 3rd row of our CX-9 and loved the sportier nature of the CX-70. It's good to be here.

Attachments

• PXL_20240630_175634089.jpg
    PXL_20240630_175634089.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 54
We just picked ours up last week. We are still learning but are really excited about it! We moved from our 2016 CX-9 into this. We were looking CX-90 but seldom used the 3rd row of our CX-9 and loved the sportier nature of the CX-70. It's good to be here.
Congratulations. I hope you have nothing but safe and happy times with her!

Mine says hi!

Attachments

• IMG_0671 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_0671 Medium.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 45
Congrats! Did you prefer the look of the CX70 over the CX90?

Congrats! Did you prefer the look of the CX70 over the CX90?
Yes, we did! And once we saw the Rhodium White with the tan quilted nappa leather we were sold! I drove several CX-90 models and I'm guessing they didn't have software updates yet. This was so smooth.

Yes, we did! And once we saw the Rhodium White with the tan quilted nappa leather we were sold! I drove several CX-90 models and I'm guessing they didn't have software updates yet. This was so smooth.
Very interesting to hear how the CX70 drives different from the CX90 despite the same engine! I wonder if Mazda is using software for market segmentation?

Very interesting to hear how the CX70 drives different from the CX90 despite the same engine! I wonder if Mazda is using software for market segmentation?
I believe you can find articles where Mazda changed the timing of gear shifts in the CX70 and supposedly (though I can't confirm this) will be offering a software update for CX90's to mirror this in those cars. I don't think it has anything to do with market segmentation. It's just a new model, which Mazda has learned from the feedback they received on the CX90.

I never drove a CX90, so I can't offer my thoughts on the differences, but I can tell you my CX70 has in incredibly smooth transmission. Power is seamless and it just accelerates without a sense of the transmission doing anything.

I don't think any hardware has been modified, but I do know software has been enhanced. The difference is significant,but it wouldn't surprise me if the latest software is applied to the 90 as well.

Hope no one minds me dropping this here, but we're sending out an offer to our existing clients based in the Northeast today and I would love to extend it to any Mazdas247 members (NY, NJ, PA, CT area) that may be waiting for the right deal to jump on a new CX-70! Available for both Purchase or Lease (although recommend lease on the PHEV always; Purchase or Lease on gas).

autoninjas.com/contact/mazdas247 if interested in a free quote - no cost or obligation to speak with us ever!

1720636245597.png

Nice! What trim and interior did you opt for?

It's strange that you can't get the body-coloured trim with the PHEV in the US. Either way, it looks good!
Premium Plus AWD and Black interior (red was the only other option).

The contrast in stitching and line on seats almost match the copper - looks like it was meant to be.

And yes agreed on the body coloured! The non-PHEV seem to get it

It's very similar. In person, the Copper Crest colour has a more reddish hue to it. Certainly seems like Mazda knows how to do premium paint!
I agree. I think Tesla could learn a thing or two from Mazda. Their paint colors are ordinary IMO. Their red is OK but their "appliance" white non metallic paint doesn't look premium like Mazda's Rhodium white. They don't have any fancy colors which is surprising for such a high tech company. Also their interior colors are white and black, no red, no Terra Cotta. Kudos to Mazda!

Back