What have you done to your CX-50 today?

Antoine

Administrator
After all this talk about the CX-50, it's very exciting to see that people are now taking delivery of this brand new Mazda model. Can't wait to see what owners do to their CX-50, so let's get this party started...Post, share and enjoy! 🥳

I had to wash it after only a few days because a bird got sick all over my car from back to top to the front. So maddening. Hardly ever happens to me like that.

Last edited:
I live in CA and have water restrictions but I can wash my car in San Luis Obispo County. I have friends that live in Santa Barbara, LA and San Bernardino county and they can wash their cars. What counties have restrictions?

Geeked out on accessories today! Installed illuminated sill plates, sport pedal kit, side rocker garnish and Mazda license plate frame. Got the rubber mats and cargo cover too.

IMG_8815.jpeg
IMG_8816.jpeg
IMG_8817.jpeg

Not a put down but it seems like all the manufacturers are trying to see how much plastic to put around the wheel wells in order to make them look more off-road capable? Anyway, what will you all be using to keep that black plastic looking black over the years? Is 303 the way to go?

The OEM ones take batteries so no drilling (or wires) required.
I installed mine today. My dealer was busy and wasn't going to have time to install them and the rocker garnish so i decided to try my hand at it after reading the instructions. Pretty easy DIY if you want to save a few dealer install bucks. Not sure how long those batteries are going to last. I hope long because they're taped down amd would be a pain in the a** to get themnoff without damage to replace batteries. Pretty lame that they skimped out on only the front ones lighting up. I would have gladly paid extra for the lit rears too.

Attachments

• 20220810_113551.jpg
    20220810_113551.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 207
Herexs the rocker garnish installed. Not terribly difficult either. A couple of TTPs for those who will be doing a DIY too.
1) I placed clear tape around the corners and "tabs" of the templates before cutting them. Made alignment on the vehicle much easier than trying to wrangle a a thin piece of paper with no hard edge (lesson learned from installing the sill plates).
2) The front templates lined up the trim perfectly with the door cladding edge. My rears DID NOT! I "punch marked" the holes with a nail and then "dry" aligned the trim with the yellow clips in place. They aligned the trim about 2mm above the bottom edge and look higher than the front ones if I would have drilled the holes there. I re-marked the holes about 2mm lower and dry aligned again and they aligned perfectly now. I drilled the holes there and installed. Perfect alignment with the front ones. Not sure if it was just my templates but worth double checking yours.

Attachments

• 20220810_113224.jpg
    20220810_113224.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 317
I installed mine today. My dealer was busy and wasn't going to have time to install them and the rocker garnish so i decided to try my hand at it after reading the instructions. Pretty easy DIY if you want to save a few dealer install bucks. Not sure how long those batteries are going to last. I hope long because they're taped down amd would be a pain in the a** to get themnoff without damage to replace batteries. Pretty lame that they skimped out on only the front ones lighting up. I would have gladly paid extra for the lit rears too.
Looks like there is a trick to it.

1660156356554.png

Hmmm...so the taped on part stays attached?
Seems to. You may want to get the dealer to email you the battery replacement instructions for your specific accessory just to be 100% sure. The one I found is for a CX5 one but I suspect it's the same but you never know!

Back