2016 CX-5 cargo area

purpledew

:
Celica
does the back seats fold completely flat?, Will it fit a full size air mattress? I prefer not to set up tent for one night trip, can't find any photos online with the back seat down. Thanks,

The rear seat backs to not fold down to be "completely flat". However, if weight is put upon them they would be nearly flat. Without weight the level difference is about 2". For sleeping, the line where the seats hinge might be uncomfortable, although an air mattress would help that cause. Photos attached.
With rear seats folded won and front seats slid forward, the cargo area length is about 6 feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Not sure about the 16, but in 13-15 flat folding seats are only on the Touring and GT. They have a mechanism that lowers the seat cushions a few inches. The Sport model lacks this and therefore has a hinge lip.

Because the seats on the GT lay nearly flat is one of the reasons I chose this over the old style Rogue. Mazda was much better for my greyhounds. I didn't realize that was only on the GTs though.

There's a thread with instructions and photos about how to make a sleeping platform for the cargo area with the seats folded down. The person who did it managed to fit a sleeping pad and his dog kennel in the cargo area.

I know that a twin size air mattress will fit in the cargo area with the seats folded down no problem, but a full might be a tight fit. They fit lengthwise, but the width of the full size mattress between the rear wheel wells may be a bit tight.

Back