Post pics of your Mazda5

No CEL right?

Nope, even if you take out the secondary converter. I believe California emissions cars have an o2 sensor behind the rear converter but federal emissions doesn't. Now if you remove the secondary converter you may not pass tailpipe testing if your state/location does that.

You're welcome, and good luck! I may have some audio of my current exhaust after Monday. I'll post it up if I do so you can hear the ridiculousness.

You better go to a cookout or something! I won't hold you to that, I can check it out on Tuesday. Have a great, safe holiday weekend.

I picked up the Mazda5 back in April. It is a Canadian spec GT with 5speed and black leather seats

Did some minor mods and added a few stickers(ughdance). Now, I just need to redo the tint and lower it a bit.

15109408891_dac662ced9_b.jpg

14925733239_354c461bec_b.jpg

15112418345_34feeeb1b2_b.jpg

15089426516_82c01bb476_b.jpg

I picked up the Mazda5 back in April. It is a Canadian spec GT with 5speed and black leather seats

Did some minor mods and added a few stickers(ughdance). Now, I just need to redo the tint and lower it a bit.

15109408891_dac662ced9_b.jpg

14925733239_354c461bec_b.jpg

15112418345_34feeeb1b2_b.jpg

15089426516_82c01bb476_b.jpg
very very nice! Minus the rims, that is exactly THE car I would want as a solid base and be willing to put money/effort into it. Keep it proper!

very very nice! Minus the rims, that is exactly THE car I would want as a solid base and be willing to put money/effort into it. Keep it proper!

There's nothing wrong with the rims...(rolleyes) of course I'm biased. I really do wish Mazda would have offered us the GT trim with a manual trans. Oh well.. Looking good!

My orginal wheels are now for winter use. I think the ms3 wheels are very subtle and looks better than the stock wheels.

There's nothing wrong with the rims...(rolleyes) of course I'm biased. I really do wish Mazda would have offered us the GT trim with a manual trans. Oh well.. Looking good!

Yeah, I think mine is only missing the HID headlight option which was not available in Canada. I was looking for a 2010 because it was the only 1st generation that offered ESP and traction control, so there werent a lot of cars to choose from.

There's nothing wrong with the rims...(rolleyes) of course I'm biased.
there's nothing "wrong". I was simply stating it is not "MY" cup of tea. We have folks who truly like the 2nd gen more than the 1st (eyeballs):D

My orginal wheels are now for winter use. I think the ms3 wheels are very subtle and looks better than the stock wheels.
Agree 1 bazillon percent! But again there are folks who think the stockers are awesome!

Lol, I'm one of those! I have seen the wheels section here and even searched for other mazda 5 with aftermarket, and I didn't like any one have seen so far.

^^

Gen 1 MS3 wheels on your Mz5 makes it look a lot "fuller" compared to mine

Attachments

• IMAG2701.jpg
    IMAG2701.jpg
    946.3 KB · Views: 306
^^

Gen 1 MS3 wheels on your Mz5 makes it look a lot "fuller" compared to mine

I think it's really just wheel design because IIRC they are the same size and offset. I love the 2nd gen MS3 wheels but I love the 1st gen more simply because the straight spokes make the wheel look a lot bigger then it really is. It does help that I'm running 225/45R18 too.

I think it's really just wheel design because IIRC they are the same size and offset. I love the 2nd gen MS3 wheels but I love the 1st gen more simply because the straight spokes make the wheel look a lot bigger then it really is. It does help that I'm running 225/45R18 too.

You are more eloquent than me. That is what I meant to say "wheel look a lot bigger." SHouldn't have used the word fuller. LOL.

What is the speedo change on running the 225/45? I am running the OEM 225/40 now, but next summer when I need new tires, looking to switch to 225/45

ANy rubbing?

You are more eloquent than me. That is what I meant to say "wheel look a lot bigger." SHouldn't have used the word fuller. LOL.

What is the speedo change on running the 225/45? I am running the OEM 225/40 now, but next summer when I need new tires, looking to switch to 225/45
ANy rubbing?
The difference is that the speedo reads 3.6% slower then what I'm really traveling (Speedo reads 65mph ; Actually traveling ~67mph). I do get slight rubbing in the front when full lock either side and a very occasional rear rubbing when fully loaded with 6 passenger AND going into a dip. Nothing too drastic in either front or rear to even show any damage to the tires or even car. However, my next set of tires I will probably go down to a 225/40 just because I plan to lower my MZ5 with H&R springs hopefully soon (trying to build up my secret car goody stash, you know).

I am actively hunting a set of new MZ3 wheels. I cannot find a set near me anywhere. I love the look. I am a powder coater by trade now and they are probably going to be powdercoated smoked chrome, a really nice gunmetal chrome color. I think that would look great on our black 5.

The difference is that the speedo reads 3.6% slower then what I'm really traveling (Speedo reads 65mph ; Actually traveling ~67mph). I do get slight rubbing in the front when full lock either side and a very occasional rear rubbing when fully loaded with 6 passenger AND going into a dip. Nothing too drastic in either front or rear to even show any damage to the tires or even car. However, my next set of tires I will probably go down to a 225/40 just because I plan to lower my MZ5 with H&R springs hopefully soon (trying to build up my secret car goody stash, you know).

Yeah then I will stick with the 225/40

Let me know when you will do the spring, maybe we can do it together.

The other poster who can't find new MS3 wheels, come to So Cal, you can find them ALL DAY LONG.

Not a Mazda5 but just paying a little homage to my brother's Mazda Demio (Mazda2) slammed on K-Sport coil overs.
kHBorrb.jpg

Back