Show me your CX-5 wheels

Idk, maybe I'm just used to the SUV ride of being smooth with soft bounces. Btw, anyone know where to buy those upside down Mazda emblem looking thingys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped it with corsports. Thing is, it seems to be lower than 3.25." I get full turning radius but the clearance in the rear withe the frame is about 1/4" or less! Kinda scary! Any else have the corksport drop? Wondering how your ride is? Mine is super stiff and a really rough bounce with my stock shocks...
So if my FWD Touring with 1.5" H&R drop on standard 17" rims and 65 series tires has borderline ride quality, what exactly did you expect to be the result of a 3.5" drop with 20"x10" rims with (what?) 45 series tires? Good luck with that combo! Hope you've got glass smooth roads there.

Last edited:
I know the ride isn't going to be great. Just wondering if anyone's experiencing the same. I had to wait for my springs because they had QA issues the past month. I was told if be sent the new batch of springs once they were tested...

Of course the ride has significantly deteriorated with all the changes. Even if it does look good. No surprise.

You won't find many CX-5 modded to this degree to compare with. Also nearly everything about the setup is optimized for appearance primarily (and it does look good) not for ride or handling. When I say nearly everything, I mean factors such as wheel diameter/width/offset/weight, ride height/suspension travel, w/stock shocks, tire sizing, added unstrung weight, are all for appearance.

At this point it's hard to isolate the springs as the main culprit.

Last edited:
20x8.5 TSW Mugello Hypersilver on H&R Springs
14476601893_fbe12398af_c.jpg

I dropped it with corsports. Thing is, it seems to be lower than 3.25." I get full turning radius but the clearance in the rear withe the frame is about 1/4" or less! Kinda scary! Any else have the corksport drop? Wondering how your ride is? Mine is super stiff and a really rough bounce with my stock shocks...

Yea, I wouldn't recommend them and always thought they were too low from the get go, considering no standalone shocks are offered. I think a coil over is a better choice for that ride height at this moment. Stick with the H&R's imo. Also, I would expect that your front tires rub on sharp turns, as my H&R with 20x8.5 wheel are extremely close to a slight rub when at MAX deflection so I can image that yours rub at, say a stop sign turn.

just painted the stock ms3 wheels

Attachments

• cx5speed2.jpg
    cx5speed2.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 918
  • cx5speed3.jpg
    cx5speed3.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • cx5speed1.jpg
    cx5speed1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 843
I've been looking around for wheels and have narrowed down the size and color. I have a white pearl mica. So either 19" or 20" and either black or bronze. I'm leaning towards the 20" and bronze.

Iceman04503 what wheel model (s) r u looking at?

That's the thing, I have no idea. I can't find wheels that are 20" in bronze. I do like the wheels that are multi spokes like the Drag DR-37, TSW Mugello, and Enkei Raijin.

These are nice.

Created some Photoshops with the AVID.1 AV20 wheel for you guys. Approximate 18" wheel size. Slightly bigger tire. Lowered and added stopping power just for fun. (wink)

AVID.1 AV-20 - Matte Bronze

Mazda_CX5_White_wAVID1_AV20_Bronze

Last edited:
Also I do like multispoke. Avant guarde, avid, are decent quality but theres some cheapo wheels if u want like those XXR that nlmotoring has very cheap

Back