Got my CX-5 Stainless Steel Fog Light Trim

There are no instructions and nothing has to be removed. It is put on with double sided tape.

I have these on my car and would suggest anyone who uses them put a little extra d/s tape on the back as they don't come with quite enough to make them adhere properly all the way around.

I got them as well but I dont like the adhesive tape used to hold them on.... Wondering if there is a better way to attach these

I got them as well but I dont like the adhesive tape used to hold them on.... Wondering if there is a better way to attach these

As I suggested above, I recommend putting some extra tape on the back side to make them stick better all the way around. The tape actually workes pretty well. There just isn't enough of it in some areas. An alternative would be to remove the tape and use a silicone adhesive/sealant.

I'm about to get a set; these would match nicely with the small machined ring around and machined face on the spokes of my wheels.

For those of you interested in the foglight DRL addon, I found these that are that, with the stainless steel/chrome trim (the post used the word "iron". My only issue with that set up is when the LEDs burn out/if some fail, how durable is it after a DIY fix (for $140+ that's an important consideration to me) https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I installed them today (Stainless Steel). I'm not sure I like the look of them on my darker car (even though the compliment the wheels. It seems like the headlight trim would make it look better, but that's a little too much chrome/metal for my tastes. I'll leave it and see if t grows on me. The quality however seems good.

I went for these as well, on my silver CX-5

243iyop.jpg

w7iw0l.jpg

Thinking of getting a set of these.....they look really nice an compliment the CX-5 really well! Anyone else have any pics of them installed? Once i figure out how to post my pics I have to post one since we got it tinted!.

Thinking of getting a set of these.....they look really nice an compliment the CX-5 really well! Anyone else have any pics of them installed? Once i figure out how to post my pics I have to post one since we got it tinted!.
I had them on mine for a while, grew tired of them and took them off. I think they're better with certain colors (silver) than others and to my eye actually look better on Sport trim models without the fog lights. With the lights, they tended to give my car sort of a "Dame Edna" look.

Attachments

• DSC01662.JPG
    DSC01662.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 160
I had them on mine for a while, grew tired of them and took them off. I think they're better with certain colors (silver) than others and to my eye actually look better on Sport trim models without the fog lights. With the lights, they tended to give my car sort of a "Dame Edna" look.

After Paris1 grew tired of them, I took them off his hands. I retaped them with 3m double sided tape, and I customized them by plastidipping half of them for a unique look (for a CX-5).
uvahese7.jpg
utynytyh.jpg

Last edited:
When I saw that pic the first time I had to enlarge it up to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

I'm not sure what your reply translates to. Subtle? Ugly? Why would you do that?
Just that they looked different, but I couldn't tell exactly why till I blew it up and could see the detail better against the darker color of you CX-5.

Ah, got it. My idea behind it is to look different and subtle. Like it could've been OEM. I like how the angle of the stainless just about matches the angle of the chrome ring around the front grill from a side view as shown in pic 2

Back