Little touches to my AWD GT Tech CX-5 in Black Mica.

Nice ride! Didin't you have a CX-5 before?

i never understood doing black wheels on a black car. You lose all sense of detail. Different strokes for different folks though. . .

I agree with you. Almost everybody does this blacked out theme. It's getting boring.
It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it has been done already, to many times.
I like to be different then others, that is why I'm thinking red wheels, or some other color.
I already know, that I will buy the Mustang Brembo 19" wheels. I just need to figure out, how to customize it.

This is my first and only CX-5. Still the late build 2013 GT AWD I got in December 2012.

I agree. Black on black is overplayed and a bit "too much". I ordered gold and silver Metalizers and a can of Glossifer. The matte black bothers me more than the black on black itself. The 5 layers of original black Plastidip will be basecoat for the gold and/or silver Metalizer. It will probably be a few wheels before I have the time to do the color change.

Chris- LOL, not much of a "build thread" in comparison to yours or others.

A recent picture in the sun. The suspension settled down ~ an inch from the last pics. Those pics were fresh off the jackstands after two days. Though the wheels are noticeable smaller than aftermarket 20+ inchers, the GT 19's are fine by my preference. Much better than those ugly 17" that come with Sport and Touring trims.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG2407-1.jpg
    IMAG2407-1.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 2,292
Last edited:
This is my first and only CX-5. Still the late build 2013 GT AWD I got in December 2012.

I agree. Black on black is overplayed and a bit "too much". I ordered gold and silver Metalizers and a can of Glossifer. The matte black bothers me more than the black on black itself. The 5 layers of original black Plastidip will be basecoat for the gold and/or silver Metalizer. It will probably be a few wheels before I have the time to do the color change.

A recent picture in the sun. The suspension settled down ~ an inch from the last pics. Those pics were fresh off the jackstands after two days. Though the wheels are noticeable smaller than aftermarket 20+ inchers, the GT 19's are fine by my preference. Much better than those ugly 17" that come with Sport and Touring trims.

attachment.php

Black on black may be over-played, but that car looks really, really nice...

Looks good. I agree the wheels look good dark, but not with a matt finish.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try a very light coat of silver Metalizer topped with Glossifer to at least get some depth in the wheels. Perhaps that will help while keeping the wheels dark.

attachment.php

Damn! I really love the way that looks. Nice job

It's been almost two months and about 2000 miles since I took delivery of my beautiful CX-5 GT AWD with tech in Black Mica with Sand/White interior.

A run of the mill CX-5 (and it still is). Since I put my RX-8 in hibernation for winter, I figured I'd throw a bit of my attention into the CX-5.

I first got rid of the stupid dealer license plate frame and swapped in a gloss black frame. Then debadged it the rear as I thought it looked like a rolling billboard. No big deal.

attachment.php

Debadge looks nice on the CX-5, especially black, nice job.

Back