Possible to Install a Sub-woofer in a CX-9 without sacrificing cargo space?

30DZ

:
mazda cx-9 sport
I just got a CX-9 the other day and would really like to put one or two (if possible) subs in there but, I don't want to sacrifice any cargo/trunk space because I need it for deliveries. Is it possible to do this? Has anybody done this before and can provide pics so that I can contact some local installers and try to see if they can do the same or similar install?

As I was searching I found some pics of some installs others have done with their mazdas but, not specifically for cx-9. I'd like if it was possible for me to do something like this, anybody think I should be able to? In those pics it looks there's only one sub, I wonder if it would be possible to put two, one on each side.

HatchLEDs.jpg

jl10w3v32.jpg

JLSubInstall05.jpg

subsubboxtrunk20me.jpg

Thanks

Attachments

• subsubboxtrunk20me.jpg
    subsubboxtrunk20me.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,147
  • HatchLEDs.jpg
    HatchLEDs.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 641
  • JLSubInstall05.jpg
    JLSubInstall05.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,800
  • jl10w3v32.jpg
    jl10w3v32.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,848
JL audio makes stealth boxes. give them a try. see if they make one for your vehicle

I just looked them up and they do look nice and would be exactly what I need but, way too expensive. I already found some local installers to do a custom stealth install for less than their box. Plus, I don't see a JL stealth box for the CX-9 they have it for the tribute, 3 and navajao. The one for the tribute which looks the most simliar to the CX9 (as far as the box looks and where it goes) costs $500. I'm going to get 2 - 10's installed on each side for $750 total.

too bad you arent in the bay area. i could have built one for you.
manager, soon to become owner of a car audio shop

too bad you arent in the bay area. i could have built one for you.
manager, soon to become owner of a car audio shop

hello manager, soon to be owner....
may i ask for your personal opinion on replacing all 6 speakers and adding 1 amp.
what do you recommend for clarity ( should have some mids and bass too)....
from what i read, the infinity Kappa are pretty good as long as you add subs (i too plan on getting them stealth installed, but looking to do the 6 speakers first, then the subs next year sometimes or later)

Well the install was done a few days ago, happy with the sound I got Alpine TR 10's installed. Now, I want to add another pair of TR 10's since I want really loud shaking bass. do you think there's enough room to put them under the back seats in a small like truck size box or something?

hello manager, soon to be owner....
may i ask for your personal opinion on replacing all 6 speakers and adding 1 amp.
what do you recommend for clarity ( should have some mids and bass too)....
from what i read, the infinity Kappa are pretty good as long as you add subs (i too plan on getting them stealth installed, but looking to do the 6 speakers first, then the subs next year sometimes or later)

sorry been out a while.....

for sound clarity go with Focal. they are a high end speaker company, but also make reasonably priced components as well. i have the K2P in my vehicle right now. you want to talk about mid-bass, thats the way to go.... unless you want to shell out $5k for the utopia's. i am also running a JL Audio slash series 300/4 for the speakers

the problem with adding 2 more under the seat, is the depth. the type 'R' might not have enough clearance to fit properly. since i am waiting for a 13' i do not have one to test fit. i personally would use the Pioneer shallow mount woofers. only 4 inches in depth so they can fit in a lot of places that normal woofers wont. and they provide the best bang for the buck. you might just have to go with a custom built box to make them fit though.

I just bought the Bose subwoofer on E-Bay. I am going to replace the driver in it with a Tang Band 5 1/4" and a new amp. It may not slam, but I but it will be better than just the door speakers and save you space. The Bose sub for the cx-9 is all over on Ebay for under $100.

Back