EEYOrE7763's Build thread

EEYOrE7763

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX
Mazda Pic 1.jpgI Bought this car back in 07 becasue I was trying to be practical, but I grew to appreciate the potential of the protege platform. When I first bought it it had 53,000 miles and since then I have put on another 60,000. I love this car and will do everything to keep it for as long as possible. Thus far, I have not done much at all...the extent of aftermarket pieces include a short ram intake bought off ebay more for practicalities and a 626 manifold thats not even installed yet, and a couple of cylinder heads (thanks repthamazdas). Future plans include:

Exterior
Mazda MP3 bumper w/ MSP lip - purchased need installed
Mazda MP3 sides - installed
MSP rear lip
EVO style CB fiber hood
CB fiber wrap on top
CB fiber trunk
Enkei RPF1 17" SBC rims w/ purple lugs &falkens
D2 big brake kit FR
Purple underglows - installed

Interior
Racing seats w/ harnesses
Monitor in dash
Auto industries roll cage
Defi & AEM gauges

Engine
PEP 3" downpipe w/ 3" midpipe - layaway
Steedspeed manifold w/ ports matched to head
Supertech valvetrain (1+ mm valves, daul spring, retainers)
CNC headwork - head purchased
GTX2867R
Tial QR bov
Treadstone FMIC
Custom fab 3" CAI w/ greddy, perrin or HKS foam filter
Turbo Mafia 3" catback exhaust w/ Blitz nurspec muffler
626 Manifold w/ extrude honing & port matched - purchased needs installed
Lentech Automatic transmission
Fully built block w/ Pauter, arias and balance and blueprint
Standalone EMS
AEM wideband 4 channel system
etc..

Suspension
5 lug conversion
Tein "s" coilovers or springs
GT spec sway and struts
Custom axels

And much much more...

Slowly, but surely my dream will come true and I will keep anyone curious posted.

Thanks guys. I didn't mention before but my overall goal with this build is just a fun daily driver with 450hp @ around 25psi. I know it sounds crazy but I thinks it's possible with the lentech automatic transmission. I've been reading a lot of other threads on focus forums who use it and it's highly recommended. I'm surprised to see that more Protege enthusiasts don't use it.

Thanks guys. I didn't mention before but my overall goal with this build is just a fun daily driver with 450hp @ around 25psi. I know it sounds crazy but I thinks it's possible with the lentech automatic transmission. I've been reading a lot of other threads on focus forums who use it and it's highly recommended. I'm surprised to see that more Protege enthusiasts don't use it.

there are more then a few that are either using the lentech valve body or were using it.

Oh. Truthfully I only saw one thread where they were discussing it, but that's good to know. I just figured with all the transmission problems our platform endures there would be more people using the lentech trannys. I'm gonna save up for the street terminator which they claim is good for up to 500hp and is cheaper than using PAR gears or anything like that.

The front bumpers finally on. Kept the MSP lip off for the time being because I need to find the hardware. The aggressive Auto Culture brackets work really well. Pictures coming. soon.

Mazda Pic 3.jpg

A protege 5 bumper I got with purchase of side skirts. It was pretty beat up. I sanded it down best I could.

Protege pic 1.jpg

I know. It's criminal, but I had to do it at least until I get the entire car sprayed in OEM black mica

Protege Pic 2.jpg

Finally got the reinforcement bar on. Got it for a good deal at a junkyard. Being in the military has its perks.

Protege Pic 3.jpg

A picture of my son dedicated to the cause

Mazda pic4.jpg

It got dark

PP1.jpg
Needs sanded and painted, but just to give you an idea. Now I need the front lip, and EVO carbon fiber hood.

Plus, i'm starting to warm up the Rota D2 rims with the polished finish.

DSC00752_resize.jpg

Subin for a nicely coming together ride.

Hey man what side of town ya on havent seen ya around maybe we can meet up id like to check out your ride. Im on the NE side hit me up

Back