What have you done to your Miata today?

If you NA/NB owners haven't already, use the m.net guide and reset your idle. With a warm engine and without anything electrical on, you jump two pins in your diag connector, start the car, and use the idle screw to set the idle. With those pins jumped on my car (disables ECU help for idle), my car was idling at 500rpm. No wonder it hated slow starts.

Good point.

Unfortunately, that won't work for me. I'm running a standalone.

Ordered some new springs. Upping the rates 15% all the way around.
Got our new tires in yesterday, gonna have them mounted next week.
And tomorrow, unless something goes awry the plan is for me to change the oil and get to work on the diff. I still have to clean up the carrier (from the fire-show), install the new bushings, mount the carrier to the pumpkin, and then start tearing down the rear-end of the car since everything drive-train wise has to be swapped (driveshaft, stub-shafts, axles, and obviously the diff itself). And since we're swapping in new springs as well, might as well tear down the suspension... again... (hah)

Picked up my hardtop from my buddy who got it for me while I was gone.

Attachments

• 050a.jpg
    050a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 103
Installed my shift boots and Beatrush lower bushing last night. Couldn't see how to easily replace the lowest locating ring, it was in good shape so left it in. My lower boot was torn all around, the upper one looked new but had a small tear. The wave washer located above the upper locating ring was missing, so that upper ring wasn't doing much of anything. I'll find out today how shifting has improved.

Chief posted a picture?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hahaha, just kidding man. Looks good!

Yeah, yeah. Make fun of the old man. Just remember I have a long memory...

Thanks Phen.

Back on topic, installed my Koyo radiator today. Didn't have too many issues but did have to bend the mounts for the A/C condenser to move it forward some. Used some window A/C foam to seal the top of the radiator with the support bracket. FYI, for anyone considering one of these radiators, the stock cap will work with it. All the sellers on eBay say you have to buy the special cap for it. In fact the only place I have seen that says you can use the stock cap is Good-Win-Racing.

Oh yeah, and I also washed her and removed the windblocker as I don't really need it with the hardtop on.

Finished adjusting the KW's today. Man what a pain. The MS coilovers were easier to adjust. But the ride with the KW's is much better.

Back