Rebuilding a 2.0L and I gotta question about a goofy part.

Pr5Fizzle

:
Mazda Protege5
Okay. I have an engine I got for cheap, It was dissasembled. I have sorted most of the stuff out and In one of the bins the dude I bought it from gave me was this crazy little piece. Its like a little metal tube with a very small seal on one end. Almost like its made to restrict oil to raise oil pressure to the head or something. However I can not for the life of me figure out where this part goes. I have been to mazda and they didnt know. so if anyone out there remembers what this thing is and where it goes please help me out on this. I've attached some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_2678.JPG
    IMG_2678.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 694
Ok well never mind.... I just realized what this is and why I remember this part. this guy had a dsm and well I've worked on a few... this is a dsm valve guide and valve stem seal... hahahahaha rolf. ok I'm retarded. never mind.

lol yea yea... haha thats the last time I get an entire engine for 50 bucks lol. besides the fact its in peices its in very good condition. minus the dsm valve guide lol... oh in another bin i found a bent valve so feel free to point and laugh

well now that I got my brain fart out of the way. time to build this thing and waste a lot of time by putting high comp. pistons in it.

Latest posts

Back