New guy checking in!

TheRealDefman

:
2008 MS3
Just sayin' howdy! Just got my new 2008 MS3 delivered a couple of hours ago, and I'm lovin' it! I'm supposed to be working, so I haven't played with it too much yet.

It's a lease, so I should be careful with what I do with it... Serious tunes will go in, and probably a few bolt on performance mod's. Probably won't get around to the stereo part until spring, but it'll be nice.

Attachments

• DSC00695.JPG
    DSC00695.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC00697.JPG
    DSC00697.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 309
if your looking for non-warranty altering mods I would suggest tinting those windows and painting the calipers. Very nice car car man, welcome.

if your looking for non-warranty altering mods I would suggest tinting those windows and painting the calipers. Very nice car car man, welcome.

Tint is definitely on the list, and soon!!

How much is your lease? Why did you lease and not buy?

$453. I don't usually keep cars past 3 years, so buying usually ends up costing more. I was looking for a used one but they found a decent deal on a new '08, used ones weren't going for much less..

I spent some time tonight figuring out where to put the electronics, looks like a lot of good places. I think the amps will go under seats (after I pull the Bose stuff of course) and the processors can go in front of the spare tire. Here's my planned parts list:

Kenwood DNX5120 with XM/Sirius tuner (need to buy)
PAC Steering wheel interface (need to buy)
Audio Control Epicenter
Audio Control EQL
Kicker KX600.1
Kicker KX300.2
Infinity Kappa 6x8" 2-way in rear doors
Infinity Kappa 6.5" 2-way components in front doors
Kicker SL12L7 (2 of them) in the back (duh)

I had most of this in my Durango & PT Cruiser, although the Kappas have been upgraded over the years.

Every three years, damn! I usually keep cars until they are old enough to buy alcohol. Anyway, congrats on the MS3!!!

Every three years, damn! I usually keep cars until they are old enough to buy alcohol. Anyway, congrats on the MS3!!!
Same here. I keep ones I like for a long time. I figure to retire my 300C to the garage in about two years so my wife can get the RAV4 she wants, and with GM about to buy/murder Chrysler, I guess my Ram will be around even longer. I can easily see keeping the Speed for ten years.

Welcome to da group!

So..... I've had the car for a few days now and what a piece of s*** it is...

JUST KIDDING. I'm super happy with my purchase! I haven't been very far in it yet, just to & from work mostly since I had a busy weekend, but I think it's going to make a trip to Lockhart or Luling for some BBQ on Saturday.

Couldn't wait until spring to put the tunes back in, all of the parts are on the way...

Back