i need pics of your aftermarket head units!

alexcited

:
protege5
alright, so i've already replaced all four of my speakers with alpine type S's. and im running a four channel alpine amp. but i have a new problem,should i keep the factory 6 disc to keep it looking clean,and enjoying having the choice of six cds, or swap in an alpine ipod ready head unit. all of my music is on my ipod, but i really like the look of the stock cd player. so does anyone have pics of their aftermarket head units? also,ive seen on ebay the ipod adapter for the factory head unit,anyone use that before?

i'll get you a pic of my 9857, i like the look of it. but then again I install car stereos for a living and can't stand stock.

You should get rid of the Stock H/U and burn it...it is pure crap...

You're probably pushing 7watts to each speaker...and with new speakers you NEED more POWAR!!!

I was more concerned with matching the interior...so I got a Blaupunkt Kingston...cheap and can do basically everything...and I don't have any pictures installed....

Here's my Eclipse CD7100 w/ MSP pocket

radio.jpg

ipodandhu.jpg

i already have an alpine amp powering the four speakers. that eclipse head unit looks real nice. for some reason i just feel like factory stereo's look cleaner. i know im not pushing nearly as much power to the speakers as i could be.

Here ya go. Pick'd it up on sale for cheap. Doesn't do everything, but has everything available if I buy all the adapters

For $50, i couldn't say no
2565415195_f4acfe585e_o.jpg

And Ben, I didn't know you had that headunit? YOU SUCK!

you already have an amp pushing power to the speakers, so buying it for the power is pointless. If you like the 6cd and stock look (no thieves) then stick with it. Buy an aux mod or something so that you can access your mp3s. The sound quality from mp3 is less than cd usually so it won't be a bad option as aux input.

I got a HU though because I wanted to do USB input and aux input and power the front speakers. I have to finish my system but so far I'm happy with it for what I was looking for. Plus I got it all on super sale when sound-domain went under.

Here's my Clarion USB custom installed using an Acura radio pocket.
2056679_20_full.jpg

you already have an amp pushing power to the speakers, so buying it for the power is pointless. If you like the 6cd and stock look (no thieves) then stick with it. Buy an aux mod or something so that you can access your mp3s. The sound quality from mp3 is less than cd usually so it won't be a bad option as aux input.

I got a HU though because I wanted to do USB input and aux input and power the front speakers. I have to finish my system but so far I'm happy with it for what I was looking for. Plus I got it all on super sale when sound-domain went under.

Here's my Clarion USB custom installed using an Acura radio pocket.
2056679_20_full.jpg

how hard do you think it would be to find the aux mod?

my apline 9857 and the crappy dash kit that came with the car.

IMG_6556.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

i'm thinking avic-d3 or alpine w505 here in the near future

Last edited:
that thing is beautiful! I know im personally an alpine fanboy, but daaamn! thats a nice JVC

Hey thanks man! I love it! SD card slots, Nav, Ipod input, DVD, UNBEILIEVABLE controls over audio settings, dont have any subs or after market speakers yet but when I do it going to be awesome...The screen slides down, wish i had a vid to show you

Hey thanks man! I love it! SD card slots, Nav, Ipod input, DVD, UNBEILIEVABLE controls over audio settings, dont have any subs or after market speakers yet but when I do it going to be awesome...The screen slides down, wish i had a vid to show you

i also wish you had a video! i WOULD get that head unit,but i work in one of the scummiest area's in MA, and at a bar no less. so I'd most likely get that s*** stolen.

On an unrelated note, any mass. protege owners should totally meet at my work and get some food. it would be sick to see a parking lot full of protege's

My stereo.

See Sig for more info.

It was an older model, but the only one in red that they made at the time.

It was around $180. MP3/WMA readable. About 60 cds worth in the 4 disks right there.

Attachments

• Deck1.JPG
    Deck1.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 110
  • Deck2.JPG
    Deck2.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 132
Back