Got rear-ended tonight... (pics...hope they work)

lelola

:
2009 Mazda3 GT
...by a '92 BMW! The BMW took the brunt of the hit...front end pretty much totalled.
Not sure of the $$ damage to my car yet....

Attachments

• 168edit.JPG
    168edit.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 170edit.JPG
    170edit.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 275
That sucks, it's bad but it could have been a lot worse. Glad you're alright.

I agree...doesn't look too bad...might just need the bumper fixed. Shouldn't be all to bad. Glad no one was hurt.

not bad surprised the bmw was hurt as much as you say if thats all it did to your mazda3 usually those things are tanks compared to our plastic bumpers...

tsunami said:
not bad surprised the bmw was hurt as much as you say if thats all it did to your mazda3 usually those things are tanks compared to our plastic bumpers...

I was thinking the same thing. From what I understand, the guy had bought the BMW for cheap because that car had previously been in an accident - he was in the process of fixing it up. Might explain why there was so much front end damage...

Anyways, damage to my car came to just about $1600 (Canadian)...

lelola said:
Thankfully, yes he does...
ur lucky, the guy that read ended me didnt have insurance and he had suspended license...wow right? well im still waiting for 500 deductable refund

Oooo

Hey well look at the bright side, now you can get a speed 3 like the rest of us awsome speed 3 owners!!!! Haha Just Kidding, but really, get one, they rock.

speed3driver said:
Hey well look at the bright side, now you can get a speed 3 like the rest of us awsome speed 3 owners!!!! Haha Just Kidding, but really, get one, they rock.

Soooo tempting! Don't really want a car payment right now though...

Car is fixed!

...and the body shop did an excellent job! (cabpatch)
Even though I only had the rental car for a day, (it was a 2006 Pontiac G6 in case anyone was wondering) it feels great to get back behind the wheel of my Mazda... (drive)

A great defense against rear end damage is a reciever hitch Curt makes a bolt on that is barely visible for about a buck twenty or so shipped. The damage to your car with this hitch would be reduced significantly. The beemer would have been boogered much worse.

Hitch installs in about 30 minutes and adds about 27 lbs of weight. Don' need to tow anything. If you're a cyclist it's a great bike rack mounting point. I put them on all my cars and they have paid for themselves over time. Also makes a nice jacking point.

Back