grlracerr

:
03 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hi,
I just wanted to make a quick intro about myself. My name is Staci,I'm from S.W. FL. Recently I purchased an 03' MSP with 40k miles on it.
I have always been a HONDA driver yet my father is a rotary mechanic..lol.
I really like the way that the MSP drives,handles, looks and sounds...but since my purchase I have had to replace the engine,EGR valve,wastegate,& tranny.Still I love my MAZDA!

wow, unfortunate that you had to end up buying something that was beat on. Oh well, welcome!

Ok..added the pics

Attachments

• June 008.jpg
    June 008.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 139
Do you have the gunmetal racing harts or the silver ones? They look like the 03.5 not the 03.

Well welcome to the forum. I'm glad too see you still love your mazda even though replacing all that. It looks like your lowered too .... wanna share what you have done?

I really haven't had the car long enough to get my hands on it...since it was in the shop since April 9th and I just got back June 3rd. I have the gun metal racing hart rims, Vibrant catback exshaust, Tint and a new grill on order since I was in an accident last week (not my fault I was rear ended and pushed into another car)...so here I am.

Yay, another girl! Welcome t'the forums! :D

Sucks that you started off so rough with the MSP though .. Hopefully things improve. But with this car, well .. no promises. ;)

Thanks...I luv what you have done to your MSP..It shows really nicely. Thus far I'm still happy with mine...a few improvements would make for a little more happiness but hey that's the price for being different..lol

(hi) Always nice to see another chicky on the board...and what a nice Spicy you have! Bummer about the problems you've had, but hopefully that will be the last of them for you!

yea... about the lowering, from what I can see its all orginal Tokico(not sure spelled right) but I could be wrong. This car has surprised me all the way around I mean it only had 39k miles on it when bought so I never saw it coming when I had to replace the motor(hand) .

grlracerr said:
yea... about the lowering, from what I can see its all orginal Tokico(not sure spelled right) but I could be wrong.
If it's stock, the struts should be colored blue and the springs should be colored red.

Any variation from that? Do you see any brand logos or any kind of writing along the springs anywhere?

Rush said:
If it's stock, the struts should be colored blue and the springs should be colored red.

Any variation from that? Do you see any brand logos or any kind of writing along the springs anywhere?

Struts are blue and springs are blue....Tokico (?)

grlracerr said:
Struts are blue and springs are blue....Tokico (?)
Blue springs? Hrm .. I know the Teins are green, and the Eibachs are also red. I'm not sure about Tokico springs, and I dunno what color Espeliers are, either.

its looks liek your on progressive springs...that the same low as mine..i think well welcome to teh fourm...that suck you had to replace that =[ i think my wastegate is being retarded...

Back