Xede Installed on my Speed6 yesterday

Cant wait to see some 1/4 mile times... track opens on the weekend of March 24th. (drive2) I will be there.

skylinemonster said:
it wasn't a 13b. they were screamin because it was a 20b (3 rotor 2 liter rotary) engine with a turbo the size of my head attached to it. that's why it accelerated like a spaceship going into hyperspace in starwars.
lol. God that video was great. Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember which rotary was in it.

vert said:
Did the dyno take place today?

267 awhp
305 lb/ft torque
12.5 a/f ratio throughout boost

enjoy :)

Attachments

• jasondynorun.JPG
    jasondynorun.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 618
thats with the stock turbo right? if it is Im very impressed. what is the boost set up at, and what are his mods?

The dyno looks good and it appears the power did not start to drop until 5,800 rpm's. What psi did you have your boost set at during the dyno and how much did the boost fall off in the higher rpm's

They usually baseline between 205-220 at the wheels, with CB and CAI prolly 10-15 more. So anyway you spin this, it is a significant increase.

I'm curious as to what the gains will be w/o CB/CAI.

chuyler1 said:
They usually baseline between 205-220 at the wheels, with CB and CAI prolly 10-15 more. So anyway you spin this, it is a significant increase.

I'm curious as to what the gains will be w/o CB/CAI.
turboback not catback...

So you don't have a baseline run though from this car? Just wondering since some people are dynoing around 235 whp and some 210, so its hard to say exactly what the gain was from just tuning. With a turbo back and intake I would dyno close those numbers w/o tuning, but its all about the increase not just the numbers.

It depends on what dyno you used. If you used a mustang dyno your numbers are gonna be higher than that of the dyno-jet...on a mustang dyno i would be much higher....I doubt you have any were near that with a turbo back and cai....the numbers that they posted to sell you those boltons are not accurate....before tuning I could barely tell the difference in power with bolt ons.....in reality I probably made another 15whp with cai and turboback...and I was only running 13.8 in the 1/4mile. Your not gonna get a cummulative gain on bolt ons. 25whp(exhuast)+15whp(cai)doesnt equall 40whp gain...not from boltons my man.....more like 15whp... so in reallity your nowhere near 270wmp right now...maybe 235 at the very most...if you were that high you would be running 13.6 or better in the 1/4mile. Ill prove it this weekend when I go to the track and beat the crap out of my best time! I have nothing to gain from Bullshitting you guys....I make no money of this product...YOU WILL FEEL A BIG GAIN....!

Here Ill do some basic math
Mazdaspeed3 with Xede 325bhp.(325x12.5%drivetrainloss)=285whp (aprox).
Mazdaspeed6 with Xede 325bhp.(325x17.5%drivetrainloss)=268whp (aprox).
I used 12.5% and 17.5% because it is in the middle of what most people say fwd lose (10-15%) and awd lose (15-20%) at the wheels.
Now factor in that the mazdaspeed3 has less bhp (tuned down from the factory)than the speed6 by about 25hp and thats why you see almost 70whp gain on the speed3 and more like 35-40 on the speed6.

Last edited:
Ken,
Do you plan to do installs/tuning at your Libertyville,IL shop?

I am intersted in 1/4 mile times. I would say low 13's and trap of 104.

So basically, this should not be attempted by anyone other than a professional and even then it is difficult?

Where the directions really that bad for this product?

It sounds like anyone who orders this will have to call XEDE directly multiple times just to get the thing installed. Even then it sounds like there are problems.

Good luck getting a hold of Shiv. I was lucky when I got in contact with him..

Last edited:
Back