Emblem mods

Crazee D

Contributor
:
White P5 go-kart
Well we painted my front emblem white which I love!
But a few months of new england weather have taken a toll on the paint which is now showing chips of silver peeking thru.

Anyway, I was wondering about baking a few coats of paint onto it to help it harden and then some clear over that? or maybe the right gloss would work? IDK

I welcome any suggestions.

In the spirit of this topic,
Here's a fun idea, despite it's rice factor

http://www.hobbyguild.com/timp/mazda/emblem.html
(found on http://www.mazda626.net/index.php?showtopic=18539)

I noticed there have been a few conversations here about this too:

Dexter's failed attempt:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50796&highlight=glowing+emblem

RedWagon's painting how to:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4654&highlight=painted+emblems

Any newer AV/MM's up to the task of reopening this?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've thought about doing this too. I just want to mute the emblems on the trunk and front grill. I really don't like chrome. Chrome died on January 1st, 1990. I would go with some left over gunmetal from when I painted my Saturn wheels gun metal.

I'm thinkin about black on rear emblems and keeping the front one white. Either gloss or flat black. But I'll leave my "5" red...hehe

i saw this badge the other day. it looks badass. i want one soo bad. anyone know where i can get one?

Attachments

• PICT0398.JPG
    PICT0398.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 918
You can make it! Cut the top off of the stock one. If its anything like the P5 flying m badges it even has two notches where the M shape is.

I recently had my painter paint all my badges bady color. Front and rear Ms, Front Mazdaspeed badge off a miata, rear Familia Badge and a Turbo badge off a RDX, as well as my INjen license plate surround. He primed, painted with automotive paint and cleared, they are holding up great.

FrolessWonder said:
You can make it! Cut the top off of the stock one. If its anything like the P5 flying m badges it even has two notches where the M shape is.
well if you look at it close up you can tell it wasn't just cut. the bottom horns taper off real nice. i wouldn't mind cuttin mine up and makin it myself but i think it wouldn't look as clean u know?

I never knew a company made the Flyin M, I just thought people made their own. Is there a company putting them out. I have seen some people tapre the legs and others just chop them off.

all my badges including my familia badge are painted semi gloos black and everyone around here askes if i bought the badges at mazda and other think i am from south of the border.

never Ender said:
Any silver Proteges with gunmetal emblems?

RedWagon's emblems look nice. I may do mine like that.
Rogue has gunmetal badges, but they are on a red P5. Here are my Sunlight silver badges on sunlight silver msp. All badges and license plate surround painted.

Attachments

• sunlight silver 003.1.JPG
    sunlight silver 003.1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 773
  • sunlight silver 009.jpg
    sunlight silver 009.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 767
musiclikscreams said:
i saw this badge the other day. it looks badass. i want one soo bad. anyone know where i can get one?

Luv that! GOTTA find out who that is!

musiclikscreams said:

I did this with my badge just the other day. Just dremmel off the top and bottom portions. I used tape for a template on where to cut so I didn't cut too much off, then sanded the edges down, scuffed up the rest of the emblem and painted it gloss black. Took 15minutes and looks really nice.

sam1 said:
I did this with my badge just the other day. Just dremmel off the top and bottom portions. I used tape for a template on where to cut so I didn't cut too much off, then sanded the edges down, scuffed up the rest of the emblem and painted it gloss black. Took 15minutes and looks really nice.

PICS !!!

Back