aaronbluemp5

:
2003 MP5, 1995 Protege & 2003 Honda Pilot
Hi to all P5 owners. I am a new P5 owner just got my 03.5 p5 couple of weeks ago. i am not new to mazda i have a 95 mazda protege with 210K miles on it. but some stupid guy backed up on me and damaged my front end.

anyways i've been wanting the p5's for a long time. i'm loving my frist few weeks with my ride. i just have a few questions is the tie rod and ball joint a weekend job and is it a DIY job? i hear a clunking noise on the driver side when i hit bumps..so probably its the tie rod or ball joint.

hope you like my p5 together with my old protege

Attachments

• Protege1.JPG
    Protege1.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Protege3.JPG
    Protege3.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Protege7.JPG
    Protege7.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 360701_9_full.jpg
    360701_9_full.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 149
nice lookin p5! thats one clean engine bay, wish mine was that clean. welcome to the forums!

aaronbluemp5 said:
Hi to all P5 owners. I am a new P5 owner just got my 03.5 p5 couple of weeks ago. i am not new to mazda i have a 95 mazda protege with 210K miles on it. but some stupid guy backed up on me and damaged my front end.

anyways i've been wanting the p5's for a long time. i'm loving my frist few weeks with my ride. i just have a few questions is the tie rod and ball joint a weekend job and is it a DIY job? i hear a clunking noise on the driver side when i hit bumps..so probably its the tie rod or ball joint.

hope you like my p5 together with my old protege
Endlink my friend, had mine for a week and it went.

Nice P5. That is one clean engine bay. I almost forgot how much plastic there is under the hood with the factory air intake in place.

ho bag said:
Endlink my friend, had mine for a week and it went.

Whats is an endlink? is this a DIY job or its a PRO job? please let me know the clunking noise is annoying.

Welcome and nice ride.

i heard the same thing but is when i release clutch to start running from a stop. it does it rarelly and ONLY when cold and wet. dont as me why lol but it does it........ could it be the same?

i also have the clunking noise when i crossing the bumps too, and even if i brake real hard, it does some clunking noise on the driver side.

anyone know??thanks a lot

hey, i am also another newbie... 02.5 MP5, silver, stock(right now)...anyone know any good shops in the Hampton Roads, VA area? thanks. Will be posting pics up soon

yo man, i'm actually sitting in the Norfolk/VA Beach area.... well, not right now, I'm currently in Djibouti, Africa. But i been dying to find just one other P5 owner somewhere in the area! Whats up man?

Back