White with Windows Tinted

Shaz said:
CXRabbit, how much did you pay?

Mmmm, trying to remember... $90 seems to stick in my head... but I'm not sure that's right... Will have to see if I can dig up the receipt.

spike blue said:
wow thats way too much just for the front?? or the rear too??

Front windows (little ones too) and 6" strip along top of windshield. Like I said though, I have to dig up the receipt... I'm not sure that's right.

I just had 5% 3M tinting put on all the glass behind the front doors of my Liquid Platinum GS AWD. It looks sweet. You can put your face up to the glass and can't see anything inside. The same shop added the 3M clear tape on the hood and leading edge of the fenders. I am off to the Acura dealer for my Turbo badge later in the week.

Hey! CXRabit!

CXRabbit said:
Thanks!

20% is illegal in New York (nothing less that 35% in the front is allowed)...

Seriously, I see lots of cars with tinted windows that are illegal and I'm sure the cops have better things to do than pull you over for it unless they already suspect or know you're doing something wrong. The way I figure, it's the type of thing I could get an "add-on" ticket for... so if I'm pulled over for speeding or parking illegally I could also end up with a ticket for the tint. I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 21 (now 36) so I'm not too worried ;)

Inspired by the pictures of yours, I went to the "best tinter in town." He flatly refused to go darker than legal, as did the second best place in town. Admittedly, it's a small town. Still, I got the legal max and it looks better, but not as good as yours.

And, on 2 January, I got my first ticket in over 25 years (age irrelevant), for allegedly doing 88 in a 65, a quarter-mile after coming down an s-shaped on-ramp onto the Interstate. I'm going to contest it in court (guilt irrelevant, too). I'll post the results after my court date, in a different thread.

azcat said:
Inspired by the pictures of yours, I went to the "best tinter in town." He flatly refused to go darker than legal, as did the second best place in town. Admittedly, it's a small town. Still, I got the legal max and it looks better, but not as good as yours.

And, on 2 January, I got my first ticket in over 25 years (age irrelevant), for allegedly doing 88 in a 65, a quarter-mile after coming down an s-shaped on-ramp onto the Interstate. I'm going to contest it in court (guilt irrelevant, too). I'll post the results after my court date, in a different thread.

Red cars will do that to ya... LOL ;)

Don't remember where you're from, but in New York it's probably a lot harder for the cops to keep up with illegal tinters. There are worse offenders than just too dark (mirrored tint for example). I look at my Toyota Matrix and my hubby's car, both of which are legal, and there is NOT a huge difference between 20% and 35% (legal). Just to show ya... (back windows are 20% fronts are 35% and it's legal)

matrix_side_gfx.jpg

Since my tinting I've been parked next to, driving by and near cops and haven't even received a second glance.

Then again, I'm not in a red car.... (glare) just kidding ;)

Share some pics when you get a chance!

Last edited:
I did to, 20% tint front windows looks great cost me 100 bucks, before I was have 4runner tint 20% (front and rear), never had a problem, maybe Im just lucky!

JAREK_EB said:
I did to, 20% tint front windows looks great cost me 100 bucks, before I was have 4runner tint 20% (front and rear), never had a problem, maybe Im just lucky!

Nah, cops in NY just have much more important things to do ;)

Did my fronts for $50 here in FL. Came out great. Did not do the small windows but with everything else so dark you do not notice.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 207
Looks good Moto, though I would have had the small windows done too (I did on mine). If you decide to ever do the sun visor tint (top 6 inches of the windshield) get them to do the small windows too. BTW, I highly recommend the sun visor tint... it really cuts down on glare from the midday sun.

Back