MS6 / CX7 / MS3 Top Mount Intercooler Upgrade

Black_Protege_5 said:
I am not. I see this as a worthy upgrade. How can we get better efficient cooling to it? Mazda's scoop design is not really efficient unless you are are acutally moving. But I am curious to see real world dyno #'s.

Dyno numbers should be posted on this weekend!

Looks like it will be another great product. This will make it harder to decide about the FMIC. I'll base my decision on the performance data and the cost of the two products, but my gut feeling is that I will be picking up an FMIC kit for the MS6 at the very least.

R

i would just like to see 6 runs in a row that would give you the idea in a auto-x situation where 1 your not really at high speeds 2 it takes awhile to get around the track depending on size some here are huge courses where there could be 4 people on the track at the same time and not even see eahother heres a smaller one thats local here i dont drive the car very easy
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/ms64dwife/?action=view&current=MVI_1273.flv thats just why i want the numbers of fmic and tmic would love the egts as well but i dont know if you guys will go that far.

Attachments

• DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
ms64meplease said:
im trying to keep it informative! by saying the fmic will generate more hp the longer the run is. the tmic is great and im sure will help by a huge % but compared to yourfmic i dont think it has a chance when it comes to auto-x thats all some just might not understand that and have never owned a rx-7 tll

i understand and value that, but lets keep it informative without bashing someone. i know what you mean with the comparison to the T2 having owned a few rx7s.

i think both the TMIC and FMIC replacements will have drawbacks and merits of thier own and should be viewed accordingly, hence why i wanted to have both developed.

any idea as to the power gains that will be seen with this TMIC? I'd love to upgrade the stock piece on my MS3, but don't really want to go the FMIC route. Thanks.

Refonbass said:
any idea as to the power gains that will be seen with this TMIC? I'd love to upgrade the stock piece on my MS3, but don't really want to go the FMIC route. Thanks.

Dyno numbers should be available this weekend.

CustomMSP said:
Dyno numbers should be available this weekend.

(bang) must....be....patient.....for.......weekend..........ugh..I can't wait. :) Looking forward to seeing the numbers.

sweet. nice price. So its only the intercooler. All the stock hoses and everything will plug in? Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

freekwonder said:
sweet. nice price. So its only the intercooler. All the stock hoses and everything will plug in? Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

everything will plug right in

ms64meplease said:
btw the camera man sucks...lol

ms64meplease...

You know what guy, first of all, learn to use some punctuation you stupid gorilla, try reading what you are typing, you sound like a retard.

Second, you don't need to be worried about getting more power out of your car because, thanks to your video, everyone on this thread can see that you can't handle what it's already producing.

You are a big dumb monkey, whether its with a keyboard, with your opinions, or with a steering wheel.

Learn to use finesse you stupid clown.

funny you reject i got 1st the 1st time out and 3rd the second time shows what you know thanks for the advice you monkeys ass! i do appreciate you sounding like and ass though now go **** yourself! have a nice day now

this is about the tmic thread not a bash on anybody thread i suggest you keep you feeling to yourself before you know the facts heres the results... now who cant drive

besides what are you a midddle age english teacher going through a mid life crisis? nobody asked you for a dumb opinion

1T ds 7 Jason Smith Mazdaspeed 6 53.394 - -
2Tm csp 23 Matt Weaver 01 Toyota MR2 Spyder 53.624 0.230 0.230
3T hs 9 Jason Beddeson 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T 54.233 0.609 0.839
4T dsp 5 Christopher Clouse SVT Focus 54.902 0.669 1.508
5 es 7 Toby Marten Miata 56.316 1.414 2.922
6 m gs 123 Jeremy DePoe Nissan 240 57.061 0.745 3.667
7 em 45 Ken Wheeler 73 Datsun 240z 57.350 0.289 3.956
8 esp 14 Ole Root 2006 Ford Mustang GT 57.360 0.010 3.966
9 sm 13 Oscar Guerrero 91 Honda CRX 58.026 0.666 4.632
10 dsp 03 Tyler Rush 86 Toyota Corolla-H 58.186 0.160 4.792
11 sm2 72 Derek Kasparek Honda CRX 58.463 0.277 5.069
12 dsp 14 Daniel Harrow 93 Integra 58.936 0.473 5.542
13 as 6 Michel Jackson Honda S2000 60.953 2.017 7.559

Last edited:
Guys very good news!!

I installed the prototype TMIC on a MS6 tonight and let me tell you the difference is very noticeable. It is a straight forward swap, nothing else was needed. The IC was ICE cold to the touch after a good bit of driving! Boost lever was anywhere between 15-17psi, peaking at ~17psi at the mid range in the higher gears. The car seemed to pull all the way to redline. Once we hit the dyno we'll find out the gains for sure.

I've asked the owner of the car to write a technical review, and he should have it made up by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Anatoly.

Captain KRM P5 said:
as i said once before, keep it civil and keep it on track
i wasnt trying to provoke crap but i will not sit here and be personally attacked by anyone on here.

i feel you guys make a great looking product thats a fact i would buy one of your products if i am happy with the results no matter a tmic or fmic im being patient with the results and cant wait to hear how it turns out

but i did make someone look like an ass with track resuts huh?(first)

will you be getting egt, air temps before and after ic? and how many runs back to back do you plan on running? i would love to see the difference in the 2 ic's i can get you egts off the stock ic with 3" turbo back not a problem i have a innovate with the aux. box and can hook it up in seconds i have done it once but never saved it or any thing and can't remember off the top of my head how much it cooler it from stock. but if you guys would like i can get it

ms64meplease said:
i wasnt trying to provoke crap but i will not sit here and be personally attacked by anyone on here.

i feel you guys make a great looking product thats a fact i would buy one of your products if i am happy with the results no matter a tmic or fmic im being patient with the results and cant wait to hear how it turns out

but i did make someone look like an ass with track resuts huh?(first)

will you be getting egt, air temps before and after ic? and how many runs back to back do you plan on running? i would love to see the difference in the 2 ic's i can get you egts off the stock ic with 3" turbo back not a problem i have a innovate with the aux. box and can hook it up in seconds i have done it once but never saved it or any thing and can't remember off the top of my head how much it cooler it from stock. but if you guys would like i can get it

Unfortunately, we do not have access to scan tools that will specifically read the CAN system of the MS6. Bottom line though, our TMIC works well. I'm not denying the fact that there's a possibility of it heatsoaking at one point or another, but that possibility is much smaller than it would be with the stock TMIC. However, during the 15mins of test driving we did, the IC was actually ICE cold after we popped the hood. By no means where these runs light :) The hood scoop was super hot on the other hand, letting us know that the IC is doing it's job very well. Maybe you would become interested in our TMIC at one point or another and will be able to run some tests with your hardware.

Thanks,
Anatoly

Back