What have you done to your P5 today?

damn looking good as always Kudakev.ive been wanting to black out my headlights but im not really wanting to take my whole bumper off to do it.wnyway looks good bro.

Kansei said:
hey Manny how do you like the muffler?

It's not to much...not to little, its about right. For my 7 minute drive to work and 7 back home... lol, not bad at all man

I was trying to figure out what to do to make the MazdaSpeed emblem on the axelback black ?!?!?!?

But so far I enjoy just turning her on...Zoom-Zoom (first) Thanks man

KU...where in nashville you located? I went to NADC, an will be up there the middle of sept. we should meet up...car looks sweet!

Went to the dealer today to see about the right rear fender that is rusting. Waiting to hear from the Mazda rep.

Also stopped at the sales side to get some info on the new Miata Roadster coming in.

thanks for all the compliments on the shroud guys. i've wanted one for a couple years (after seeing them on bigwoofer's and 90210brandon's cars), and finally broke down. sean (yeloprofan) is an awesome guy, and definitely knows how to work metal.

yes, it is a brushed finish :)

Boston5761 said:
KU...where in nashville you located? I went to NADC, an will be up there the middle of sept. we should meet up...car looks sweet!
yeah i went and graduated from there too back in sept 03. i live out in belle meade, its west of nashville. but yeah, shoot me a pm when the time gets closer. well work something out.
EDIT: just finshed installing the ractive header. damn was that a tight ass fit. i did the research on it but i didnt think id have to fight with it that much. andi had to use my die grinder to enlarge a hole for the bolts. other then that its okay. little to ricey for me. might put it up for sale and just wait for the boost.

Last edited:
It's not so much what I did to my P5 today as it is what my P5 did today. I'll just post it like this:

P5 : 1 Possum : 0

Nice lookin' there Lisa. What's the wire loom on your valve cover?

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 355
MyZmZm said:
thanks for all the compliments on the shroud guys. i've wanted one for a couple years (after seeing them on bigwoofer's and 90210brandon's cars), and finally broke down. sean (yeloprofan) is an awesome guy, and definitely knows how to work metal.

yes, it is a brushed finish :)

you going to leave it on all winter....?

altspace said:
Nice lookin' there Lisa. What's the wire loom on your valve cover?

that's andrea's car.....lisa is from VA....you can't mistake them either, they have very different accents!!!!

Today I tried to take my p5 to work and she just wasn't having it.

She's doing the sputtering low idle coughing like running on 1-cyl thing again. She runs, I can rev her and she seems ok, but as soon as I put a load on the engine (like trying to pull out of the driveway) it sputters and stalls.

HELP! So far I've put 2 bottles of dry gas in the tank , examined my cold air intake filter (which is very wet), and disconnected my CAI after the MAF to try and see if it would run without the wet filter.

I wish I could get it out of the driveway to get to an autozone to have them pull the code for the CEL. It goes back and forth between steady and flashing.

I was supposed to be at work like.. now :'(

This is the first time my Protege5 has ever left me stranded, but it's totally my fault in one way or another.

I think I'm going to go back down to the garage and pull the spark plugs and make sure water didn't get under the boots on the spark plug wires.

:'(

bazooka joe said:
that's andrea's car.....lisa is from VA....you can't mistake them either, they have very different accents!!!!
me Lisa? I dont have an accent. :)

Kansei said:
just a little bit :p But to Mark you probably have a huge accent and I probably do too.. because he's from Baahston :p
And just how do you know I do??? lol..

Kansei said:
just a little bit :p But to Mark you probably have a huge accent and I probably do too.. because he's from Baahston :p
yeah, he definately is...

I just pulled my plugs and two of them were dripping with water. :p ******* SPARKCO WIRES ARGHARG ARGARGHARGHARGHARGH

I hope autozone has some NGK.. though I could continue to use the sparkcos and just not get them wet. :) the engine got hosed down last night.

One of my roommates is taking me to get plugs/wires right now. The electrode on the two bad spark plugs was red and they were smoking, but the other two plugs were ok to handle (barely warm).

Back