From EVO to MAZDA 3 *newbie*

mobounce

Hey!

I am in the process of selling my 03 430whp EVO (a deposit has been made to me and the paperwork has started...just waiting on the moolah).

I had lost my job and had to take a job that is paying me about half of what I was making...So I went test driving about 5 or 6 cars yesterday and have made up my mind to get the Mazda3 Grand Touring s...fully loaded without the moonroof/bose system package.

I loved the car overall more than the others, plus the warranty and all the air bags that come on it is nice. I am opting for the winning blue or the black mica. I am not looking to mod or anything..stock as stock can be, besides window tinting is what I'm after :) I'm on a tight budget and am just hapy I found a car that has really surprised me so far. I just feel my money is going farther with the future purchase of the 3.

In other words, I'm a newbie and wanna introduce myself!

Welcome to the site! :)
I bet it's hard to give up the Evo for Mz3! Nonetheless, I hope you'll be happy with yourr choice.

(sad1) <----- this is me crying because you have to go from an evo to a mazda 3. welcome to the site you should find everything you could possibly need for a mazda here.

welcome (hi)

i sold my rx-8 for my mazda 3 so i kinda know where you are coming from. fortunately for me, it was my decision and not because i lost my job.

good luck with the 3, and welcom.... also good luck in not getting the mod bug...

tsunami said:
good luck with the 3, and welcom.... also good luck in not getting the mod bug...

uh, his evo had 430hp. i think the 'mod bug' is running rampant through him already.

tsunami said:
yeah but he said he didn't want to mod the 3 as he had no funds..
lol i have the mod bug and im short on cash now also but i still find things to do.

Oh and welcome to the forum. The first thing I would do if I were you, is remove the door moldings. If you decide to do it later, you may see a difference in paint color. mmmm feel the power of the mod bug (deadhorse

FSDET said:
how did u make 430whp on with ur evo ? welcome to the familia

Here are a list of my mods from the evo :)

ENGINE:

ATP GT3071R Ball Bearing Turbo Kit
TiaL 38mm Waste Gate
Tial BOV
HKS 264i/264e Cams
HKS Adjustable Cam Gears
HKS DLI2 Twin Power Ignition
AMS Methanol Injection kit (Can use water or alcohol as well)
AMS Upper I/C Pipe
AMS Intercooler
AMS Small Battery kit
ARP Head Studs
Greddy Lower Intercooler Piping
Injen Intake
Cusco SS Manifold Shield

ENGINE INTERNALS:

Ross Forged Pistons
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Supertech Valve Springs
Supertech Titanium Retainers
All Forged and Fully built 2.0 motor by AMS Chicago! (www.automotosports.com)

FUEL SYSTEM:

720cc Denso/Greddy Injectors
Perrin Fuel Rail
255lph Walbro Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

EXHAUST:

Invidia SS Test Pipe
Espelir JGT500 3" SS Cat-Back Exhaust
3" ATP SS downpipe

ELECTRONICS:

AEM EMS Fully Tuneable Standalone ECU 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor (Tuned by world class tuner Martin Musial)
AEM Wideband Air/Fuel
Defi D Boost Gauge
HKS Turbo Timer
In-Dash DVD w/ 7" Motorized Monitor
Kicker 6 1/2" Components all around w/ Pillar Tweeters

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:

Project Mu Brake Pads (4 months old)
Rotora Slotted/Drilled Rotors
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs

TIRES/WHEELS:

Falken Ziex All-Weather Z-Rated w/ 85% Treadlife left.

Stock light-weight Enkei 17" Wheels.

MISC:

Do-Luck style Carbon Fiber front lip

Honda S2000 Shorty Antenna
B&M adjustable Short Shifter

Llumar window tint.

Awards:

2005 Import Showoff Kansas City - BEST Mitsubishi

Was also featured @ Hot Import Nights Kansas City

Here are a few pics of the car from about a month ago..I have HUNDREDS more :)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 237
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 190
  • engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 186
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 167
Bought my brand new 06 Mazda 3 Grand Touring S today!! I love it! Leather, HID's...every option except for moon roof/bose system :)

I am very happy with the drive/feel of the car! Handles pretty darn good too! I am a happy man today!

i feel your pain...i just got rid of my 04' Mustang GT for my new Mazda 3 GTS...but i have to say i love the car so far...i just miss the speed and muscle of the mustang...but i think i will be allright (first)

Back