2003 P5 warranty?

s*** man I need to bring mine in then just so that they can look at it, since I just got it used , is that a good idea?

How do you find out how much is left on the warranty, like i know three years is close if mine is a 2003...

jR. said:
How do you find out how much is left on the warranty, like i know three years is close if mine is a 2003...

The service dept, at the stealership can tell you. Just call them.

Mad Hatter said:
The service dept, at the stealership can tell you. Just call them.
Thanks bro,
I love to call the stealership, there great...lol

jR. said:
s*** man I need to bring mine in then just so that they can look at it, since I just got it used , is that a good idea?

Why do you need to go to the dealer to have it looked at? A decent mechanic can look at it too.

Plus, when I went to my dealer, they slapped this s*** right on my aluminum intake. Since it looks like you gone one too, **** the stealershit, and go to a good local mechanic.

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 129
because if its under warranty, the dealership is free
mechanics cost...

Did you take it to the dealer when it was in warranty for that problem? That would be the only leg you would have to stand on since your warranty expired.

Oh, and if you can find a dealer that will just check out the car for free, let me know. Most call it a safety inspection, and will charge you for it.

jR. said:
because if its under warranty, the dealership is free
mechanics cost...

(jacked)

Went to your car domain page. While you can, remove that dealer striping before it frozen on the car. It will really help.

Also, the intake. Never seen that kind before. Looks like it is rubbing the master cylinder. If you take it off, and trim an inch off the part going into the throttle body, it will clear better. Ebay intakes rub the master cylinder a lot.

Oh, and the interior trim matching the body color is cool. What kind of exhaust is on it?

Last edited:
well the shifting is off, its changin with a thump or something, and the rear seatbelt wont retract, so i have two excuses...lol

jR. said:
Is it 3Yrs/36k or 3Yrs/50k??

Thanks

Actually it's 4/50.

From my actual 2003 warranty booklet, in months/miles...

Service Adjustment.... 12/12
Basic... 48/50
OEM battery... 48/50
Safety Restraint... 60/60
Perforation... 60/unlimited

Fed
Emissions defect... any 48/50; specific 96/80
Emissions performance... any 24/24; specific 96/80

CA
Emissions defect... any 48/50; specific 84/70
Emissions performance... 48/50

Doug

dsr70 said:
Actually it's 4/50.

From my actual 2003 warranty booklet, in months/miles...

Service Adjustment.... 12/12
Basic... 48/50
OEM battery... 48/50
Safety Restraint... 60/60
Perforation... 60/unlimited

Fed
Emissions defect... any 48/50; specific 96/80
Emissions performance... any 24/24; specific 96/80

CA
Emissions defect... any 48/50; specific 84/70
Emissions performance... 48/50

Doug

I thought it was 4/50,000 as well.

Now since I have a generic intake and muffler, can they refuse to work on the car? Also since im not the original owner, does anything change?

There shouldnt be a problem unless the problem has to do with the muffler or the intake itself. The warranty transfers with owners.

I paid extra to get 6/100 because I knew I would be putting 20-25K a year on it and I didn't want to pay for repairs while still making a car payment. Its a gamble but it gives me piece of mind. So far the car hasn't had any problems but I suspect that might change once I hit 50K (which will be next month actually).

Back