Need help with MAF tuning

RacerXMS3

:
2007 MazdaSpeed3 "Injen CAI, HKS SSQV, AWR Engine Mount"
Hello everyone, I doing my first MAF calibration following the guides on calibrating, and I was hoping to get some feedback from some AP tuning users. I did my first cals and ran my car for 100 miles and now ran three more logs to see the results. here is the list of my mods:

Turbo XS DP
Injen CAI
COBB TIH
FMIC conversion with Mishimoto IC
Turbosmart 50/50
HPFP internals upgrade
COBB AP
Cobb Stage2 map 91 octane

Please feedback would be great, I have included all three pulls from second gear. Also one of the three logs showed (no2) showed some KR that threw me off a bit, but it was not present in the other two logs. Would this be a one time thing or how can I fix this? Also does my LTFTs look ok to continue with the tuning process or should I strive for a better number?View attachment First Log after first MAF Corr.xlsView attachment Second Log after first MAF Corr.xlsView attachment Third Log after first MAF Corr.xls

LTFTs within +-4% are good. Trying to chase zero will drive you crazy, and won't gain you anything. Don't worry about the KR in log 2. It's less than 1, and doesn't show up in the other logs.

I personally shoot for +/- 2, but I agree with magicka, +/- 4 is totally fine. COBB says +/- 8.

For breakpoints, I suggest 5.7, 12, 20, 30, 45, 150. I've had a lot of luck with them. They don't seem very linear, but that's the point. Your MAF table is exponential in nature. Having these breakpoints will help your ECU quickly learn solid trims. You can usually do a revision after 50 miles or so with them.

Last edited:
Back