Heated seat temp variation?

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
Mine is pretty instant and i keep it on low. I have only cranked it up when the car sat outside overnight. Long ride for me is more then 10 minutes. I have had other brands with heated seats, this car acts the same to me.

Steering wheel tends to have some temp swings and "cools" down to the lower end of heat when I want it to stay hotter, but the seats work great for me.

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Mine is pretty instant and i keep it on low. I have only cranked it up when the car sat outside overnight. Long ride for me is more then 10 minutes. I have had other brands with heated seats, this car acts the same to me.

Steering wheel tends to have some temp swings and "cools" down to the lower end of heat when I want it to stay hotter, but the seats work great for me.

My car is exactly like yours in those respects. And I feel mild heat within 30 sec, HOT within a minute. Can't keep it on high for long. But wish the wheel would stay hot longer.

My 16 is pretty weak and takes a while to heat up. When it does heat up, it never really gets that hot.

My 19 is a whole different story. I have to turn it down, which is nice.

:
2018 CX5
Yeah my '18 is too much on high. In the morning, I turn it to three bars and before I'm out of the neighborhood I have to turn it down to one bar. Three bars to get the heat and one bar the rest of the drive. If I left it at three for much longer it'd be very uncomfortable.

My Mazda works better than my last CRV and Legacy.

My steering wheels also cools down more than I would like. I feel like it didnt do that the first thousand miles.

:
2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 twin turbodiesel auto - Sonic Silver
The steering wheel can*t regulate heat so has to cut in and out. It isn*t a hand warmer it is designed to not be cold to the touch.

:
2017 CX-5 GT
I find the heated seats in our '17 lacking. We have them on high all the time in the winter (literally on full blast for the 45 minute commute into work) and I find myself glancing down to make sure they're on. I'd describe them as mildly warm at best. I'm not sure what the other two setting feel like because we never use them.

On our past cars, the heated seats on full blast got uncomfortably warm after a while which is they way it should be in my opinion.

The heated steering wheel is nice if you just graduated from driver's ed. On the highway I tend to drive with my wrists in my lap so I grip the wheel more in the 5 and 7 o'clock. No soup for me.

:
CX5 GT-R
I find the heated seats in our '17 lacking. We have them on high all the time in the winter (literally on full blast for the 45 minute commute into work) and I find myself glancing down to make sure they're on. I'd describe them as mildly warm at best. I'm not sure what the other two setting feel like because we never use them.

On our past cars, the heated seats on full blast got uncomfortably warm after a while which is they way it should be in my opinion.

The heated steering wheel is nice if you just graduated from driver's ed. On the highway I tend to drive with my wrists in my lap so I grip the wheel more in the 5 and 7 o'clock. No soup for me.

To be fair, performance driving teaches correct hand placement as well.