2021 CX-9 GT - Question about check engine light

When I turn ignition to ON position (2 start button presses) without turning engine on the check engine light comes on for 30 seconds, then blinks 7 times, then stays on until I turn vehicle on and goes away.

I looked in manual and found attached pic. Does anyone else's CX-9 do this when turning ignition to ON position without starting car? Thank you.

To add, not sure if the 7 blinks mean something. My other vehicles warning lights come on when ignition is ON but none do a blinking pattern. This is my first Mazda, maybe it is a code for an error happening? Thanks all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-191751_MyMazda.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-191751_MyMazda.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 114
Solution
Only an issue if the check engine light stays on after engine is on. You can check in other cars they mostly all do the same thing with light on in the other modes.
Only an issue if the check engine light stays on after engine is on. You can check in other cars they mostly all do the same thing with light on in the other modes.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks Youri. We've driven it around everyday getting use to the swap from over 2018 Honda Odyssey van and the CX9 check engine light has never stayed on after starting it up. All seems well. Thanks for your input. :)

Upvote 0
Back