Search results

1. Mazdiod2

Pre-purchase help 2020 CX-5 Turbo?

Do you think the Nexus tires could have affected the handling during your test drive? Maybe you could find another CX-5 you could test drive to compare.
  2. Mazdiod2

2014 CX-5 100k service

Were the spark plugs replaced at 75k? You might ask what the fuel/air induction service is. Are your control arms bad?
  3. Mazdiod2

Oil low? 2021 CX-5 26k miles

It seems to me there are several symptoms that could point to stem seals. 1) smokes on startup after sitting hot for a period of time due to leakage of thinned out oil accumulating then the burn off during startup 2) after a good hot drive sitting and idling for several minutes then a burn off...
  4. Mazdiod2

Power lift gate problem (2024 Mazda CX-5)

It might be embedded in the latch assembly.
  5. Mazdiod2

2018 CX-5 Door handle issue...Help

You'll probably have toremove the interior door panel. It might be something simple. Have you ever removed the door panels (for new speakers, etc)?
  6. Mazdiod2

Passenger side ebrake clevis sticks on (Protege5)

I repacked the caliper pins with grease. They can wear out as well, and then need to be replaced. There are some issues with the ebrakes as well.
  7. Mazdiod2

Tire suggestions for deep snow and hot summers? 2021 CX-9

I bet a winter tire would wear faster in hot weather. Would it be "too sticky" somehow?
  8. Mazdiod2

Reason #1 and #2 why it's better to change your own oil Vs a dealer

I think the most important thing is that the air filter is installed and fits properly so that contaminants can't get around a gasket. Usually the aftermarket filters seem to have adequate gaskets.
  9. Mazdiod2

Smaller Tires on 2021 CX-5 Sport?

Are you going to put them on some different rims, so you can swap them out?
  10. Mazdiod2

2016 and up CX-5 Service Manual

I always let my oil drain out as much as possible, sometimes overnite. Usually I put in a whole 5qt jug. So we are supposed to change the fuel filter every three years? I never heard of that. I hope the dealers don't hear about it.
  11. Mazdiod2

2017 CX-5 Grand Touring Rear Tire Replacement

I did quite a bit better than $250 a tire... I think they were a just bit over $150. I ordered them from Discount Tires Online and had them mounted at a local walmart. There are people that recommend new tires regardless of mileage when the tires reach a certain age, due to deterioration...
  12. Mazdiod2

Slow to Warm Up (2017 CX-5)

I just made a 1200 mile trip and my Scangauge was showing 177 for the coolant. I made a short charge up a grade and I saw 179 but it returned to 177. The outside temperature was in the low 40's and I had the heat on but without running the fan. I haven't gotten any codes and it warms up from a...
  13. Mazdiod2

CX-5 2021 Weird noise when cold start

general engine noise because the engine is cold? Don't rev it too much til it warms up.
  14. Mazdiod2

Engine hum when shut off (2023 CX-5)

Mine has always done that and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump.
  15. Mazdiod2

Great mpg so far on 2023 CX-5 Turbo

I've noticed a couple of times when I manually computed my MPG it was higher than the dash gauge indicated. I got 36mpg on one leg of my recent 1200 mile trip (2.0NA 6MT)but not as good on the return. Probably wind. I get noticably better MPG with no ethanol gas, no matter what the octane.
  16. Mazdiod2

Sluggish acceleration after tire upgrade (2021 CX-5)

I doubt it will affect the alignment. Make sure the tires have plenty of air.
  17. Mazdiod2

Is it my battery or something else? (2016.5 CX-5)

I have some kind of "amazon version" of the Genius. It's not only important to keep a battery fully charged to ensure a quick start but also too prevent sulfation and ruin of the battery. I kept my original Panasonic battery fully charged and away from heat and it lasted over six years. A...
  18. Mazdiod2

Trade in my 2021 CX-5 or keep it?

Splice on a new connector instead of replace the harness might work.
  19. Mazdiod2

CX-60 Steering Issue

Do you have new tires?
  20. Mazdiod2

I emailed Mazda USA on synthetic oil for turbo engines

I think if you read the statement carefully, it says the Mazda will get maximum performance from conventional oil. Then it references your local Mazda dealer. That doesn't preclude the fact that while syn oil doesn't improve performance it could result in longer engine and turbo life. If I...
Back