Search results

1. O

Rear Koni Yellow shocks

Less than 100 miles on these, and I'm including top hats. Here is the history: I used these for autocross and one track day. Too stiff for daily use for me, and have to be removed to adjust. So I normally ran CS rears set full soft. Then the accident. and my front Koni shocks are gone with the...
  2. O

Changing brake fluid

Why? I am about to go for a track day at Hallett Raceway May 11th. I normally just Autocross my car occasionally. The organizer recommended I change to fresh fluid, and I thought to go with higher-temp fluid while I was at it. So, I bought some Motul DOT 5.1 fluid for the higher boiling point...
  3. O

Gina - the H Street SCCA autocross beast

Here is my list of mods (race mode) so far: 1. Corksport rear sway stiffener 2. Koni yellow adjustable shocks 3. Bridgestone RE-71 205/50 15 tires 4. Sparco green wheels, 6" width (same as stock steel wheels) 5. Fresh air filter, used only for racing Front tires at 45PSI, rear 35PSI Street...
  4. O

Clutch news for my '14 sport 2

Under warranty, Mazda has replaced the master cylinder and has a new o-ring seal for the fluid line being shipped from corporate. Apparently the new seal is an improved design. The symptoms I had was the clutch mechanism under the dash popping when depressed, and popping again when released...
  5. O

The little 2 that could

Just ran an autocross today, joint event of Tulsa and Oklahoma City groups. Took 1st place in H Street class with five entrants. Two weeks ago, I took first place in H Street in Tulsa with two competitors. Mods: Corksport rear sway stiffener Corksport adjustable shocks - full stiff front, 3/4...
  6. O

SCCA report from Hallet

Full report from Hallet. Here is the section of interest: B-Spec came down to the final lap in the dual between Joe McClughan and Saturday winner John Phillips. McClughan held the lead on the final lap in his No. 3 Hoosier/MAZDASPEED Mazda2, but Phillips saw an opening and went for the win in...
  7. O

Autocross question: how low can you let the gas tank get before you starve?

I had a Scion TC (before I raced this 2), and at 3/8s tank, I could fuel starve on a hard right - even just 90 degrees. What experience have you had with a 2 and stock fuel tank?
  8. O

Home toe-in adjustment question

I'm installing the Corksport adjustable shocks Monday. I've purchased the Jegs toe plates to be able to check the toe before and get it back to that setting. But, my question: What is the recommended torque for the toe lock nuts? I autocross and plan to check/change my toe before each race...
  9. O

10K on my 2 (Demio) sport, 5mt, and first long trip

800 mile cross-country trip in the USA. My car has a cork-sport rear sway stiffener, Miata wheels and Neo-Gen tires, rest is stock. Last trip was in a 2000 Chevy Cobalt. My wife loves the seats in the Mazda by comparison. We are 55+, and weren't sore from the ride for 1.5 days. I also angered a...
  10. O

Update: going to be autocrossing with Bridgestone Turanza RE11A tires

Got two for the front. Drove to work one day, I swear I cannot break traction. Sunday 6/29 going racing in OKC, 7/6 racing in Tulsa. I'll keep you guys up-to-date on the results. I hope to place well in PAX. In OKC, no one else is registered in-class (HS). In Tulsa, there is only a CR-Z that...
  11. O

NeOkla Rallycross video - getting dirty with a 2

This car is stock, on the factory Yokohama tires. Would you do this with a new 2?
  12. O

NEOKLA Autocross video

Here is a link to the playlist for the past weekend. Some of my runs Saturday went off-course for a DNF. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLidayQZLWa4dxIxRgdzRSwxY2S2dj4d2b
  13. O

New member - SCCA Autocross racer too

Just joined up. My 2014 2 Sport has about 1400 miles, and I love the handling. Next weekend will be my first race - and I've got the itch real bad. Will post video after the race.
Back